Who's Next.

algy

That's nasty, asp.

You're conflating gay people with paedophiles, just as Cameron suggested people would.

That pic looks dodgy.

Tatchell has never advocated child abuse, he has drawn attention to the absurdity of the prosecution of, say, a sixteen year old having consensual sex with a fifteen year old.

I lost my cherry at 15, with a girl who was 14. There was no force or coercion by either of us.

Neither of us were, or turned out to be, paedos.

Get a grip folks.

At the time Harman was legal officer for the NCCL PIE was affiliated to the NCCL.

This is an extract from a letter Tatchell wrote to the Guardian in 1997:

‘The positive nature of some child-adult sexual relationships is not confined to non-Western cultures. Several of my friends – gay and straight, male and female – had sex with adults from the ages of nine to 13. None feel they were abused. All say it was their conscious choice and gave them great joy.

‘While it may be impossible to condone paedophilia, it is time society acknowledged the truth that not all sex involving children is unwanted, abusive and harmful.’

Fugs, PIE isn't about condoning sexual relations between underage persons but rather about encouraging sexual relations between adults and minors so your sweet little tale of young love doesn't really apply.

From the Telegraph link posted above:

“PIE had been excluded from the NCCL before she [Harman] became legal officer.”

However press cuttings from 1983 make it clear that it was still considered an “affiliate group”.

Regarding Tatchell, I'd be careful who you, er, get into bed with:

http://www.petertatchellfoundation.org/free-speech/nick-griffin-bnp-smear-critics

Edit, just found this:

http://www.petertatchell.net/lgbt_rights/age_of_consent/index.htm

Peter Tatchell is a vile and odious individual.... if he wishes to campaign for the rights of gay men in Iran; let him go over to Iran and protest there instead of clogging up our streets with his pointless little marches.....

I'm sure Ivor Dinnerjacket will welcome him and his "foundation" with open arms

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1