Scared to Death

asperity

By Richard North and Christopher Booker. A must read expose of how we have been led up the garden path by "experts" since the 1970s over such things as salmonella, listeria, BSE, vCJD, Satanic worship, asbestos and of course the biggest scare story of all Global Warming. This is one of those factual books you find you can't put down. This should be compulsory reading for politicians to show how they have wasted billions of pounds of our money over-reacting to poorly understood minor problems that have been blown out of all proportion by narrow interest groups and the media. Get this book and get angry!! :wink::wink::wink:

Very interesting - speaking of Global Warming - back in about 1990 there was a very prominent scientist that wrote a book with his brother about global warming, in particular the Ozone holes. They did it for the US government - their findings were that ozone holes have been common for centuries and that they are not a reference point to prove or disprove global warming.

The government kept the report and never published it, so my friend the scientist and his brother published it them selves - was quite enlightening.

Another book that you may really like Asperity is called "Angel's Don't Play this HARPP" - look it up online - its worth a read. :wink:

Thanks Mary, I'll certainly give it a look. I'm finding out that there are a lot of people in this world who are prepared to go to any lengths to ensure their ideas win out regardless of the cost to anyone else, and I'm not talking about Osama Bin laden here either!! :wink::wink: