Amnesty?

observer

So why are you not moaning about the racist attack Obs,? You pick very extreme cases to make your points but let the more common racist attacks pass you by. One has to wonder why, As you are a closet bigot I'm am not expecting you to out yourself, but it would be nice if you did come clean.

Quote: "As cause and effect are - with 2million youngsters out of work, how far do you think the elastic will stretch before it snaps?"

Obs, I've told you a million times about exaggerating. This from the ONS:

The unemployment rate for 16 to 24 year olds was 20.5 per cent for June to August 2012, down 1.3 percentage points from March to May. In accordance with international guidelines, unemployment rates are calculated as the number of unemployed people divided by the economically active population (those in employment plus those who are unemployed). Increasing numbers of young people going into full-time education reduces the size of the economically active population and therefore increases the unemployment rate.

In accordance with international guidelines, people in full-time education (FTE) are included in the youth unemployment estimates if they have been looking for work within the last four weeks and are available to start work within the next two weeks. Excluding people in FTE, there were 658,000 unemployed 16 to 24 year olds for June to August 2012, down 61,000 from March to May. The corresponding unemployment rate was 18.9 per cent of the economically active population for 16 to 24 year olds not in FTE, down 1.6 percentage points from March to May.

Not 2 million youngsters at all. Far too many, granted, but not as many as you claim :wink:

Wolfie, I was not commenting on whether the statistics show any change in the unemployment rate but rather that Obs' claim that "2 million youngsters are out of work" is a wild exaggeration. Unless, of course, you consider anyone under the age of 65 to be a "youngster" :shock: :shock: :shock:

Obs I'm sure you could have found this out for yourself, but as you asked so nicely::

The number of UK nationals in employment was 26.83 million in the three months to June 2012, up 246,000 on a year earlier. The number of non-UK nationals in employment was 2.58 million, up 15,000 from a year earlier.

So a little under 10% of the workforce, though the statistics don't say whether they are rocket scientists or street sweepers. :wink: