Votes at 16?

observer

Yes....

If someone can get married, go to war and get shot, work and everything else, why shouldn't they vote?

I mean aren't we being made to give votes to criminals in prison?

Surely a law abiding 16 or 17 year old should have more say and more rights than any criminal

• Upvote 2

Yes....

If someone can get married, go to war and get shot, work and everything else, why shouldn't they vote?

I mean aren't we being made to give votes to criminals in prison?

Surely a law abiding 16 or 17 year old should have more say and more rights than any criminal

You put a good case forward Baz. :unsure:

No doubt there are some politically astute 16 yo's, and Baz makes a valid point, which begs the question, why isn't there one age of adulthood that covers everything? As for voting eligibility, as there are certainly folk of all ages who are uninterested or uninformed, perhaps a simple test would suffice to establish eligibility?! :wink:

Obs....

one age of adulthood would be a great idea... I mean on a plane, you are deemed as an adult (so they can screw full fare out of you) when you are about 11; same with package holidays and a lot of hotels. On buses it is 16. Blackpool Pleasure Beach and Alton Towers it is 12...

all pretty daft, but obviously aimed at profit generating; especially at theme parks where you pay adult fares at 12 but a lot of 12 year olds can't get on the adult rides!!!

• Upvote 1