Be Careful What You Ask For........

asperity

H2O2 + Hydrogen Peroxide!.

So does that mean the dead man was not a chemist then Algy? If so why didn't the other man warn him? Why did he just sit there and watch him drink it? Doesn't H202 have an odour? If it does why didn't the dead man smell it and realise that it wasn't water? And if he did, why did he drink it anyway? And why did the waiter serve it to him in the first place? :blink:

So does that mean the dead man was not a chemist then Algy? If so why didn't the other man warn him? Why did he just sit there and watch him drink it? Doesn't H202 have an odour? If it does why didn't the dead man smell it and realise that it wasn't water? And if he did, why did he drink it anyway? And why did the waiter serve it to him in the first place? :blink:

H2O2 doesn't have an odour to non chemical workers. When it is made it is 85% in strength. The stuff that is sold in shops is watered down to about 1 to 5% if memory serves me correctly.

If it comes in contact with material, it catches fire. Great for washing the drains out.lol

Don't ask me Twopence, I never posted the joke in the first place. :wink::D :grin:

I realised that after I posted Algy but, knowing what a wise ould bird you are, I let it stand, sure that you would know the answers. :wink:

As I understand it!'

1) No, the dead man was not a chemist, he was a retired window cleaner.

2) The other man didn't warn him because he had just found out that he had been sleeping with his wife.

3) He wanted him dead.

4) H2O2 has an odour similar to vinegar, but he had a cold and couldn't smell it anyway.

5) The waiter didn't like him either as the man had also been sleeping with another waiter who was his partner.

6) The reason that they had H2O2 in the restaurant was that the whole situation was planned between the first man who was a chemical engineer and worked at the Solvay works, and the waiter.

Happy now tuppence. :wink::D :grin:

• 2 weeks later...

H2O2 doesn't have an odour to non chemical workers. When it is made it is 85% in strength. The stuff that is sold in shops is watered down to about 1 to 5% if memory serves me correctly.

If it comes in contact with material, it catches fire. Great for washing the drains out.lol

Usually sold as 10 mole.

I think that works out at about 3%, but haven't done any chemistry work since 1990.