Chaos at petrol pump

Dizzy

I think all the losses were at Jet not Total! :wink:

Question is how many of us would have simply filled up and said nothing? I find this story a bit hard to believe if only because I don’t think the vast majority of the population are that dishonest.

Bill :)

Inky

Well we’ll have to choose to differ on this one then.

I’d never ague over a bargain but I know the difference between a bargain and a genuine mistake. The fact that the petrol companies have a bit more money than me doesn’t make it any more justifiable. I’m not criticising those that took advantage it’s just that I think I would have pointed out their error.

Bill :)

I think it's fair to say that the staff will have noticed that they were suddenly processing hundreds of transactions of under a tenner rather than sixty or seventy quid.

If they chose to stay open for the time it took to get someone in who could change the prices (I strongly doubt that the night staff at a 24hr petrol station have the authority to do that!), well that's the company's decision.

I find it hard to believe they didn`t notice till 4am. Think that is just a line for their mangement hoping to save their jobs. The fact that everyone is queuing for the same pump and the drastic drop in money paid over, sorry I don`t buy the `didn`t realise until 4am` line. Wouldn`t mind betting they were the first to be texting their family and friends of the blunder.