Just gets better and better!

GrimReaper

I think we got unlucky today, to be honest. Hit the bar/post atleast 3 times, and the ref had a shocker.

Can't argue with the red, and I can now admit that our "physical mentality" is more than just a few passionate tackles.

The red today was an absolutely abysmal excuse of a tackle, honestly up there (no pun intended) with Nigel De Jongs in the World Cup final.

We do have a problem with discipline, and if we aren't careful, that will bring a reputation.

Got to say though, apart from the clear red, the referee had an absolute shocker. Luck didn't go our way either, hit the post/bar far too much.

We were never going to win with those 2 against us.

However, we looked a lot better going forward, and on another day we could have had 3 or 4, which was an improvement.

the player foot his head 3 foot from the ground the boot was not high if you put your head there you have a good chance of being booted in the head absoulute disgrace by both liner and referee i would like to see sheer brutality back in the game of football otherwise i am shortly losing interest in the sport, that is nothing to do with the performances of late by the town i am a wire fan and always will be its just the game has come to a point any contact is a foul. hitting the woodwork was very unlucky but i still think we lack a goalscorer ash made a real impact from the moment he came on and as for the disallowed goal it was harsh to deny but things dont go your way and you move on.

3 times wood work, 1 cleared off the line and 1 disallowed. Any other week we would have scored 3 of those.

Townson and Miles up front just arent effective enough. They both play a similar style and far too deep. I agree Ashe coming on made a real difference and gave pace up front. Ashe & McKevilly would be a right handful presenting two differing challenges to the opposition defence. As it is at the moment, they are having to deal (easily) with two very similar players. Miles further tends to try and take too many on and loses the ball.

Dogan has been ineffective (save for hitting the post last night) and surely is a liability now with a dicky shoulder. It wasnt that much of a challenge that caused him to go off.

As for the red, the opposition player was ducking low into a bouncing ball. Perhaps a yellow at best and lost us one of our best players.

I still think there is a core there that will be successful so long as the right combination is played. Shippo again didnt get a look in until late and then wasnt given the ball.

However we do need a dominant central midfielder and similar in Defence to tighten things up. Still early days, but auto promotion aint going to happen this year and even the play offs will be over by Xmas unless we sort this run out.

We still need a forward who will have a shot from outside the box. I think Evo was the only player top shoot on sight. All the others try to walk the ball into the back of the net, and have done so for the last 3 years.

Totally agree Peter, and it`s needed now if we`re to progress and have any chance of the playoffs. Strangely enough I can on recall one player who had a decent shot from distance, that was Rob Hardwick, yet I dont even know whether he is still in the squad, not seen him for a while.

Ian

the player foot his head 3 foot from the ground the boot was not high if you put your head there you have a good chance of being booted in the head absoulute disgrace by both liner and referee i would like to see sheer brutality back in the game of football otherwise i am shortly losing interest in the sport, that is nothing to do with the performances of late by the town i am a wire fan and always will be its just the game has come to a point any contact is a foul. hitting the woodwork was very unlucky but i still think we lack a goalscorer ash made a real impact from the moment he came on and as for the disallowed goal it was harsh to deny but things dont go your way and you move on.

I was right next to the incident and it was bad, i knew as soon as he went in for the challenge that he was off, even if he didnt hit his head, the lad was out of control and deseverd the red,

the thought I had was why did the lad go in with his foot and not his head.

3 times wood work, 1 cleared off the line and 1 disallowed. Any other week we would have scored 3 of those.

Townson and Miles up front just arent effective enough. They both play a similar style and far too deep. I agree Ashe coming on made a real difference and gave pace up front. Ashe & McKevilly would be a right handful presenting two differing challenges to the opposition defence. As it is at the moment, they are having to deal (easily) with two very similar players. Miles further tends to try and take too many on and loses the ball.

Dogan has been ineffective (save for hitting the post last night) and surely is a liability now with a dicky shoulder. It wasnt that much of a challenge that caused him to go off.

As for the red, the opposition player was ducking low into a bouncing ball. Perhaps a yellow at best and lost us one of our best players.

I still think there is a core there that will be successful so long as the right combination is played. Shippo again didnt get a look in until late and then wasnt given the ball.

However we do need a dominant central midfielder and similar in Defence to tighten things up. Still early days, but auto promotion aint going to happen this year and even the play offs will be over by Xmas unless we sort this run out.

Absolutely spot on.

Coincidentally, Turns out Ronaldinho has just been handed a (retrospective) suspension for "a dangerous kick that nearly hit an opponent in the face".

We've just got to admit it was a foul yesterday and move on. Let's just hope we don't have to have similar discussions about red cards again. Our total amount now would be bad for 2 seasons combined, forget the first 10 games of one season...

Might be nice to hear something from the club / manager / players concerned? I recall at the Q&A pre-season that the manager expressed quite strong views about discipline.

Also not least from a playing point of view, two went off injured and we now have quite a back log of suspensions about to hit us,

Looking at the photos I hate to say that there was a hand ball before our goal went in. There is a picture of a clear handball by the opposition with the ref in a perfect place yet nothing was given; also a picture of the opposition nearly kicking Mooney's head off, but that too was ignored.