Grand Final

Gary

Not me though I'll be watching the game on my stolen Sky TV internet video link.Normally I wouldn't miss a final involving the Wire but this is only a minor competition, third on my list of priorities.

Bah humbug

At least you're sticking to your principles, so good on you Safes.... :P

Not me though I'll be watching the game on my stolen Sky TV internet video link.Normally I wouldn't miss a final involving the Wire but this is only a minor competition, third on my list of priorities.

Whatever your thoughts are on the competition (I still believe finishing top of the league should be the biggest honour) I suspect you will regret not being part of hopefully a great occasion.

23,000 plus Wire fans can't be wrong -and certainly won't be out sung.

23,000 ? It's a pity that most of these can't be bothered coming along every week like myself and the other die-hards.

I agree the crowd at Old Trafford will be of a healthy size but the rounds leading up to it have been a disaster...The only attendance which has been worth writing home about was St.Helens vs the mighty Wire and despite Wire speccies packing out one end of the stadium the attendance was still over 3,000 short of Saints average attendance.

23,000 ? It's a pity that most of these can't be bothered coming along every week like myself and the other die-hards.

I agree the crowd at Old Trafford will be of a healthy size but the rounds leading up to it have been a disaster...The only attendance which has been worth writing home about was St.Helens vs the mighty Wire and despite Wire speccies packing out one end of the stadium the attendance was still over 3,000 short of Saints average attendance.

Like anything else special occasions generally attract bigger crowds.

Having followed the Wire since 78 I class myself as a pretty die hard supporter over the years but due to other commitments struggle to attend every game these days - it doesn't mean I care any less though - and after missing out on Wembley (due to footie commitments) I will be one of the 23,000 plus Wire fans there tomorrow evening.

Winning the grand final is important - but winning the league should be the most important.

• Upvote 1

Safeway. With a lot of us, it's not so much 'can't be bothered,' as the cost of a long distance drive. Every time I watch a game it costs me getting on for £100, so I really do have to pick my matches. There are a lot of people like myself who come home whenever we possibly can, but can't always make it. I wouldn't miss this one for anything, despite the fact that Wembley has made it a very expensive season. This could be our best season since 1973-74 (I was there then too)and I really don't want to miss it.

The longest commute I made for the Wire was in the 60's. I had emigrated to the US and one Tuesday night I drove up to New York for an English Sunday newspaper and found out the Wire had beaten Rochdale in the Lancs Cup..I thought sod this, I was on the plane home the following day.

The longest commute I made for the Wire was in the 60's. I had emigrated to the US and one Tuesday night I drove up to New York for an English Sunday newspaper and found out the Wire had beaten Rochdale in the Lancs Cup..I thought sod this, I was on the plane home the following day.

Lancs Cup final, won 16-5, just before I started watching.