Clitheroe away

Gary

Well that was a wasted trip. I`m usually able to find some positives from a match whether we win or lose, but to be honest yesterday was a very poor performance. I cant even recall an attempt at goal from Town whether on target or not. Whereas Clitheroe scored 2 and hit the woodwork 3 times, had 2 cleared of the line by young Phil. I suppose the only positive was that we were very fortunate not to lose by 5/6.

The performance yesterday is definately not of a team that could go forward to win the league or even make the playoffs. Agreed the Ref had a shocking game but the players have to have discipline, they can`t abuse the Ref and not expect a red. When decisions go against us we need to knuckle down, use the footballing skills that we know the players have and go on to win games despite the refereeing decisions.

Still feel we need a couple of players that can strike a ball and score goals from a distance rather than trying to dribble the ball into the box by which time defenders are all over us.

Sorry for the rant but very dissapointed fan yesterday.

Ian

Too much chopping and changing with team - someone making a debut each week.

Don't believe the strikers we have got are fit.

Things have gone down hill since beating Curzon and no team going for promotion should be losing three games on bounce!

While a lot of the players have played at a higher level - you need strong work horses to progress at this level - and a 30 goal a season front man - Warrington are lacking a front man and also need to stop the gobby scousers attitude if they want to progress. :oops:

Fair summary Ian, but the two big decisions were the wrong call and in the penalty, the linesman did nothing when the tackle was just outside the are.(I was directly opposite) and on the sending off, the ref ignored the linesman. Playing badly is one thing, but playing badly against 12 men is impossible.

Funny that you say we need a striker, that's what Paul Moore said to me after the game, that that is what he needs.

I can see even more changes to the team for next Saturday after the failure to bounce back and show some drive and spirit. Are they colour blind or did they think they were playing in the away strip as they kept giving the ball away and had very little ball control.

Agreed Peter, as I said the Ref had a shocker of a match but we need to be better than that. As I said I am normally able to see some positives from a game even if we lose but I saw nothing positive from that display. I enjoyed the game against Colwyn Bay even though we lost but there was positive spirit from the team once they scored the penalty. What I did see at Colwyn which we dont have at Town and I witnessed during the warm up session was they had at least half a dozen guys that could really strike a ball from distance on target.

We seem to have to get the ball into the box before anyone is prepared to have a shot and as I said earlier by that time there is sufficient defenders around the player to block or tackle, when I have seen our players have a shot from the egde of the box the shot is week and no problem to the average goalie.

As I said very dissapointed with the performance, and if things don`t improve can`t see me making the effort to travel to all the away games. Will stick to the home games seeing as I`ve paid for my season ticket.

Ian

• Upvote 1

Is it Mossley away this Saturday?

Mossley was actually one of the away games I was wanting to go to, but unfortunately it now clashes with the SuperLeague final, which I actually can't make either because I am at Blackpool v Charlton this weekend (which I had already booked a while ago).

Mossley are a strong team, definitely will finish on the borderline of the playoffs so it is a strong test. If we want to challenge for automatc promotion, these are the teams we should be beating to put ourselves ahead. If we want to challenge, then it should start here. We've had time to settle and work out weaknesses, we really should be moving away from early season form now.

Mossley will certainly be a good test for you.

Early season form was unbeaten - recent form is three losses- what does that tell you? :unsure:

We are still only about 10 games in, still fairly early in the season. We have only looked like a high end midtable team, so we need to move away from this soon and hope it is just early form. Despite the unbeaten run, we did look average before the losses as well, with a few good games and a few lucky ones. We just need to start breaking away soon if we are hoping for a consistent challenge rather than relying on another late one.