The general purpose trivia thread for the terminally bored

Dizzy

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey that's good. Only been to London once when I was a kid but I've got a few of the more obvious ones (I think)

Knightsbridge

Brixton (bricks ton)

Shepherds Bush (not 'moses bush' like I first thought)

Marble Arch

Lambeth (lamb bath)

Kings Cross

Elephant and Castle (????)

A few more guesses....

Kew Gardens (maybe not but there are little bushes in the shape of Q's to the left of the swiss cottage)

Burnt Tree

Late'n'Stone :blink: (stone on the floor behind Barbie

Lime Street (maybe? big lime on top of the house)

Hampstead ('Hams Dead' well there is a dead pig on the road which says RIP) :oops:

Highgate (on top of building upper right)

edit soz Fugs forgot you already said that one

Oooooh..... cheers Cleo :P Some of the house spiders we've seen have been that size and a pint glass only just fits over them.

Must admit it's a fantastic photo though.

That's just reminded me I was going to try to overcome my fears and I'd decided that next time I caught a house spider in a glass I was going to put it in a bucket and put my hand near it...

but then I clicked the link that Evils posted about spiders (the one where he told me NOT to look at house spiders but I did). I read about them and thought awww thy're not really that bad and then I read this on the same page as the house spider info

The species shown in the photo above is very similar in appearance to the 'aggressive house spider' or hobo spider (Tegenaria agrestis), which is known to bite humans with little provocation. Despite its name, it is rarely seen in houses, preferring sheds, garages, and log piles.

So ok they aren't usually seen in houses just garages and sheds etc but what's to say one wont wander in the house by accident as surely they aren't clever enough to differentiate between a garage and a house :shock:

By the way I'm never going in my out-house again and does that mean the huge spider who lives happily in my garden ornament (and who pops out if we drip a water droplet on it's web) is one of those 'biters' :shock:

By the way I'm never going in my out-house again and does that mean the huge spider who lives happily in my garden ornament (and who pops out if we drip a water droplet on it's web) is one of those 'biters' :shock:

All spiders have the ability to bite Dizz (cept' them as ave' ad' there teeth out :wink::D ).

Back in the UK our cat found a spider in the house and was playing with it, as cats do with anything they catch before they eat it, she picked it up with her mouth but quickly dropped it again with a cry of pain and jumped back, then just stood and stared in surprise at it after it had bit her.

• 4 weeks later...