2. Penketh council school class.

penketh%20council%20school%201919_zpsb4edc3b4.jpg

3. Penketh council school class, 1919.

penketh%20council%20school%201919_zpsb4edc3b4.jpg

penketh Thatched cottages.

pen%20old%20cottage_zps25b0af03.jpg

Children of brookside Farm, Penketh.

Brookside%20farm,%20Penketh_zpsbe10442f.jpg

Little Tot at the water pump behind Brookfield Terrace, Penketh.

Brookfield%20terrace%20,%20Penketh,perhaps_zpseaaa6508.jpg

Broad Oak Farm, Winwick.

broad%20oak%20farm%20winwick_zps523eb627.jpg

Bold Hall.

bold%20hall_zps93a737e4.jpg

Aww I love the one with the little little grubby happy tot at the water pump and the one with the boy on his horse. I wonder if the little girl in the same pic is holding a doll or her little baby brother or sister.

Who would you say was happiest Dizz, the little girl with the doll or the little tot at the pump. :?:

Well that's a hard one Algy as the little girl with the doll is not smiling nor is her ?brother? but that could be because they are older and were unnerved by the camera or had just told be stand still and pose (althougn how they told the horse to stand still and pose is a tough one).

They live on a farm, have animals, dolls, nice clothes and look well cared for and fed so I imagine they were very happy kids.

Now the little girl at the water pump has a big smile on her face so she's clearly happy at that moment in time. Not particularly clean or well dressed but the grubbiness could be cos she'd been playing in the streets where she lived all day. Guess she lived in one of the in terrace houses with possibly no running water hence the 'fun' water pump ?

I recon (providing they had nice parents) they were all as happy as each other.

The little tot may not have been as happy as the little girl with the doll when she reached the same age though.

Who knows though really Algy. It would be nice to know who all the people are in all the old photo's and know more about them and what became of them eh.

Just think some of their relatives will still be alive and may recognise some of them... maybe we should have a 'Who do you think they are' topic just full of people pics with you saying where/when and no other posts other than info received. Gary could put a 'People Info Wanted' on his news page :lol:

Time for a lie down Diz... yeah I know

Aww I love the one with the little little grubby happy tot at the water pump and the one with the boy on his horse. I wonder if the little girl in the same pic is holding a doll or her little baby brother or sister.

Is that mother watching from the upstairs window in the pump photo ?

Time for a lie down Diz... yeah I know

Yes, me to Dizz, I've just had my tea and I always have a half hour on the "Lazy Boy" after my meal. :oops:

Just waiting for the 'smart a***d' answers, from the wit brigade, mind you I don't think they get this far down the forum topics very often, they're mostly up in political section. :wink::D :grin:

Oooh there's two faces now. :shock:

The one I could see after wavyd mentioned it is in the black secion to the right of your circle Algy (about 10 mins past the hour). Your circle is cutting through the cheek and jawbone with the nose just outside the red line and he/she has dark hair with a fringe

That was quality furniture Peter, we had almost identical ones at St Thomas's in Stockton Heath in the 1950, and we used the inkwells, no biros then!. :)

The pens didn't work very well after they'd been jabbed in the desk a few times & the inkblots on the paper must have been a psychiatrist dream come true.

We've got one of those old school desks but the side's not as ornate as the ones in the pic.

We had wooden desks like that at school, even at secondary and it was because of those desks that my ring got squashed :cry:

The inkwell pots were gone though but the holes were there and good for popping your pens through or snotty tissues