I could start my own Toy Shop

Dizzy

Decided to start a long needed clear out of cupboards/storage boxes etc etc yesterday and I could start my own toy shop with the amount of hardly used things I came across still in their boxes <_<

Quite shocking really. Made me wonder what the point is in buyings kids presents over the years.

here's just a small selection of what has been unearthed so far.

Science set opened once and never used.

Microscope set... I remember us looking at an insects wing but that was it

Anatomy learning set... clearly never used.

Board Games... never played with

Boxes of Texas Poker stuff... we don't even know how to play the damn game

The 'I really really must have' Rudolf Buckaroo game... Rudolf even still has his plastic tag holding him on the packaging

A hovercraft.... used once in a paddling pool as we were scared of trying it on the canal incase we had to wade in.

A air powered rocket launcher, launched once at Victoria Park one xmas

Another launcher thing

Lurking out of sight on the top of a wardrobe... and artist easil, blank cavases etc..... hey I might have a play doing some art.. mmm I'm can't draw or paint.. bugger

A game that gives you a shock and my brother screamed when he got the first zap so was never used again out of fear of the unknown.

An large indoor golf game..... where on earth did that come from ?

An endless supply of Horrible Science books, Horrible History books, joke books. books books books....

A brand new pair of golf shoes still in the box.... his feet are now 2 sizes bigger

I could go on and on and on and on.

What a complete and utter waste of our money and others people's money over the years but then it's really us grown ups faults for buying things just to fill santa's sacks and birthday sacks.

Anyone know of any carboot sales on this weekend preferably indoors so the boxes don't get soggy :lol::rolleyes:

moan over...

What a complete and utter waste of our money and others people's money over the years but then it's really us grown ups faults for buying things just to fill santa's sacks and birthday sacks.

Anyone know of any carboot sales on this weekend preferably indoors so the boxes don't get soggy :lol::rolleyes:

moan over...

Don't forget Dizz, once the present has been given to the recipient it belongs to them, so remember they are not yours to sell without their consent!. :wink:

Dizzy, if they have hardly or not been used then they must be in mint condition and if they are still in their original boxes, also in good condition, don't even think of selling them at a car boot sale. Put them in an auction. Toys with original boxes in good condition sell for a small fortune at auction. There are people with more sense than money who are willing to bid hundreds for a toy. So rather than them being a waste of money they could be valuable and you could have been sitting on nest eggs.

Don't forget Dizz, once the present has been given to the recipient it belongs to them, so remember they are not yours to sell without their consent!. :wink:

I've never got rid of any of my sons stuff without him knowing or agreeing Algy as I've always stood by the fact that they belong to him and it's for him to decided if he wants them or not... which is probably why we've still got so many of the damn things :lol:

At 18 he's past these sillies now ..... If we do a car boot the's money's all his :D

I was horrifed though as we have a box of really cute 'beanie' teddies and animals and he was going to give them to the dog. That's just evil, teddies have feelings and feel pain !!

Toys with original boxes in good condition sell for a small fortune at auction. .... So rather than them being a waste of money they could be valuable and you could have been sitting on nest eggs.

Sadly they aren't that old Cleo.

I did move a box I thought had his full face helmet in and got a fright of my life as there was suddenly a creaking noise and a little voice inside said 'Oooh Not Sleepy... want to plaaay' IT WAS ET. How on earth are his batteries and motion sensors still working after all this time :shock: Thank goodness the Texta the Dog and his mate the dinasaur (in the same box) were switched off !

Here's what I mean incase you've never seen or heard the creaks of ET :lol: Cute little fella though

Infact where's little Furby as they used to chat to each other interactively :cry:

Wolfie, don't read between the lines I'm sure Cleo meant no disrespect to your wife. 'God Bless her', I believe she was commenting on your making light of the subject!.

I'm fairly sure that you would be amongst the first with a reply to any reply posted, as indeed you very often do with mine! :wink:

Wolfie, don't read between the lines I'm sure Cleo meant no disrespect to your wife. 'God Bless her',

Well I'm sure that Cleo would have said that for herself if she wanted to.

Unfortunately, she wants everyone to show respect for her prophet while showing scant respect to anyone else. But, I'll not mention it again out of respect.

Wolfie, I'm really sorry to read that your wife died last year. That's really sad to hear :cry:

Seein as though my little toy topic has somehow turned to religion (zzzzzzzzzzzzz) I might as well reply briefly

I've heard vicars in churches around here saying ‘peace be with him/her/you/them’ and also 'blessings be with/whatever/wherever' etc etc (not that I go to church much other than for weddings, christenings and funerals).

I’ve remembered there’s masses of duplo in the loft too and some dishy action men with lots of little outfits. Might get them out tomorrow dress them up and make them little houses with a train track around the their village and I might even put a bright spotlight on so they can sunbath naked on the beach towels I’ll make them with the sewing maching I’ve never used.

Bored yet everyone or should I carry :lol::lol:

Wolfie, I'm really sorry to read that your wife died last year. That's really sad to hear :cry:

Thanks Diz, to be fair to Cleo, I did feel a bit strange telling a joke that started with 'my wife' and I was going to put 'God bless her' just like alg said, but the devil in me thought I'de put what I did, knowing that it might wind Cleo up a bit. I suppose an apology is in order. :oops:

someone with no religious leanings :unsure: :unsure:

fond of criticising the muslims :unsure: :unsure:

Any proof?

Yes. It's all down here in black and white on the forum. :wink:

I've been to one or two funerals in the UK too Dizzy lovie but never did hear the officiating cleric say 'peace and blessings be upon him/her'. In fact I have never ever heard any religion other than islam use those words in that form. It is most definately an islamic salutation, originating from Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) himself. :wink::)

I like lego! :)

Lego, blimey we had hours of fun playing with that when we were kids. I used to love those little tiny opening windows and the lego men's removable and immaculately styled hair :lol: We've got some of that in the loft too but it was more the sort of kit building form rather than build with your imagination sort when our lad got the the age where he wouldn't choke on it.

Bionicles... did lego make those, I'm sure they did. He had about 15 of the damn things all in their own special tubs with instructions but he was a bugger for not putting the lids on tightly enough. A load fell out of his shelf once and it took hours and hours to figure out which piece went with which special tub.

Frustrating but we managed :lol: