Warrington Contemporary Arts Festival

P J

Art will be around every corner in and around the town centre with many free events taking place at Warrington Museum & Art Gallery, The Gallery At Bank Quay House and Pyramid & Parr Hall.

Building on the success of last year the festival will see the return of the Open Art Exhibition and the addition of a Photography Open.

Warrington Contemporary Arts Festival 2012 launches on Friday 28 September with the three main venues opening their doors to the public. Whether you’re a contemporary art novice or a seasoned enthusiast, come along and take part in some truly unique experiences and find out who wins this year’s Open Exhibitions. Visitors will have the opportunity to see for themselves the diverse creative venues Warrington has to offer.

This inspiring event really has something for everyone and proves that ‘It’s All Going On In Warrington!’

Visit all three venues! Live music & free refreshments

6pm-7.30pm: Photography Open Exhibition at Pyramid and Contemporary Open Exhibition at The Gallery At Bank Quay House.

From 7pm: Official Festival Opening featuring Contemporary Open Exhibition, speeches and prize giving.

invite.png

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really looking forward to seeing the art and photography on display this year. Some of the exhibits last year were superb. I have even had one of my efforts accepted and it will be on display for a month in the Photography section. :wink::oops: :oops: :oops:

That sounds interesting..... does it have nude women on it?? :D

And you a blushing? why PJ? 8):wink:

That's really good and well done you but no uploading it on here as you all need people to go.

So we now have a spot the 'PJ photo' comp on. First one to report back on here saying what PJ's pic is of wins a prize. :D:lol:

It says the photography exhibition is in the Pyramid & Parr Hall and it's free to enter but I couldn't see what time they are open. Any idea and is yours at the Pyramid or Parr Hall. Ooh I'm confused now, it doesn't take much to confuse me though :lol:

It starts at 6pm and I don't know where it is going to be displayed yet tbh. I think it might be at the Pyramid but I'll let you know. The first to spot and post here what my work is of can have a free print of the shot. That should put them off Dizzy :lol: :lol:

Can't Baz model for you. He could wear his oily overalls tied around his waist and hold one of his tyres :lol:

Mmmm a free print though eh..... will you sign it too for when you become famous?

On the off chance that I happen to be the runner up can I have a print of another of yours of my choice... actually make that 2 choices.... actually 3+ and counting :D

:shock: Aarrgh I never replied to your post about your print run PJ as I couldn't see your pics but then I could and got sidetracked. Bloody hell !! :(

Anyway.. how did you go onat the opening night tonight and prize giving ?

Fingers and toes were crossed for you :wink:

Thanks Dizzy, My feeble effort didn't win, not surprising as there were some really good photos on display. It was a really good opening night though with hundreds of people there so very successful and very well organised. The exhibitions run right through October so everyone has the chance to go and see them.

p.s. I had some prints made for you, they are being delivered on Tuesday.

Aww PJ I was sure you would win. I'm going along this week sometime and really looking forward to it.

I'm excited now and I wonder which prints you have done for me. Don't tell me, I love suprises. Let me know how much I owe you as you are NOT paying for them our of your own pocket :wink::D x

not at all.... in fact every tax collector should be put up in front of their kids and shot....or at least made to trawl through the rich and famous's books before they start on the lowly workers! :wink:

Ah not a tax inspector but a Top Gear presenter :mrgreen: