American embassy in Libya

wolfie

No, it isn't and until those fanatics are treated with the contempt they deserve and ignored rather than supported, things will only get worse. :roll:

I've said it before and I shall say it again topics that descend to this level will only end in tears!, a forum is no place for religious fanaticism and radicalism. :shock:

That is of course unless everyone enjoys a good old abusive fall out!. :roll:

On the whole it is. consider there are over 80 million muslim people in Egypt alone and mostly peaceful, but many hot headed strict adherents to islam can and do get very angry when the prophet muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) is insulted by infidels and will leap to defend him. So strong is their love for him.

and ok so I made a mistake and said Mohamed (a strong family name, all my children and some grandchildren have Mohamed as their middle name) undertandable under the circumstances so stop nit-picking.

Say whatever you wish, cast as many insults as you wish but I will not discuss the matter further with any infidel. :wink::lol::lol:

I've said it before and I shall say it again topics that descend to this level will only end in tears!, a forum is no place for religious fanaticism and radicalism. :shock:

That is of course unless everyone enjoys a good old abusive fall out!. :roll:

Alg, can I just have some clarification, you mention about 'descending to this level' while quoting me. I'm confused because I am actually agreeing with you. :unsure: :unsure:

Alg, can I just have some clarification, you mention about 'descending to this level' while quoting me. I'm confused because I am actually agreeing with you. :unsure: :unsure:

Hang on Wolfie I am also confused, how about you clarifying how you are "actually agreeing with me" or shall we both agree that not only do we not understand what each other is talking about but we don't understand what we are talking about!. :wink::wink: :wink:

I found this on Facebook

"Many Muslims today are not happy. They're not happy in Egypt, they're not happy in Gaza, they're not happy in Libya, they're not happy in Morocco, they're not happy in Iran, they're not happy in Iraq, they're not happy in Yemen, they're not happy in Afghanistan, they're not happy in Pakistan, they're not happy in Syria, they're not happy in Lebanon

So where are they happy?

They're happy in the UK, they're happy in Australia, they're happy in Canada, they're happy in the U.S., they're happy in France, they're happy in Germany, they're happy in Italy, they're happy in Sweden, they're happy in Denmark, they're happy in Norway

So they're happy in every country that is not Muslim.

And who do they blame?

Not Islam. Not their leadership. Not themselves.

THEY BLAME THE COUNTRIES THEY ARE HAPPY IN! AND THEY WANT TO CHANGE THEM TO BE LIKE THE COUNTRY THEY CAME FROM WHERE THEY WERE UNHAPPY.

Excuse me, but have I missed something here?"

:shock::shock: That’s awful and very sad and shocking to read.

Knowing the amount of trouble, atrocities, unrest and loss of life that has already gone on for years and which has now been fuelled by 'the film' (which I've not seen so don't know what it actually contained other than what has already been mentioned).... what on earth <polite> is/was the French magazine thinking of when they decided to published cartoons of a similar nature :evil:

Everyone across the globe already knows how high tensions are already and that there are no boundaries when it comes to retaliation from certain groups of people with such strong ‘beliefs’ and yet they go and print that ???? Disgusting and they themselves have now put even more innocent people's lives at risk !!!!

Makes me sort of wonder though whether it is possible that these sorts of films/cartoons/etc are intentionally being released by some groups or individual people who themselves are so intent in the same beliefs and fighting their cause that they have an inner wish to fuel the ever burning fire until it burns in ever single corner and street worldwide bigger than ever before... or maybe it is people who are so against the Muslim religion that they want to fuel the anger, hatred and extemists so as to show the faith in a even worse light to cause hatred that way. I guess we will never know either way :evil:

A very sad, confusing and a somewhat evil world we all seem to live in it sometimes seems.

(Cleo.... I do not mean that to sound offensive in anyway to you or other people like you who follow any form of faith or religion in a more positive way and who do not condone violence or support the needless loss of life or cold blooded murder of innocent people )

I found this on Facebook

"Many Muslims today are not happy. They're not happy in Egypt, they're not happy in Gaza, they're not happy in Libya, they're not happy in Morocco, they're not happy in Iran, they're not happy in Iraq, they're not happy in Yemen, they're not happy in Afghanistan, they're not happy in Pakistan, they're not happy in Syria, they're not happy in Lebanon

So where are they happy?

They're happy in the UK, they're happy in Australia, they're happy in Canada, they're happy in the U.S., they're happy in France, they're happy in Germany, they're happy in Italy, they're happy in Sweden, they're happy in Denmark, they're happy in Norway

So they're happy in every country that is not Muslim.

And who do they blame?

Not Islam. Not their leadership. Not themselves.

THEY BLAME THE COUNTRIES THEY ARE HAPPY IN! AND THEY WANT TO CHANGE THEM TO BE LIKE THE COUNTRY THEY CAME FROM WHERE THEY WERE UNHAPPY.

Excuse me, but have I missed something here?"

Whoever wrote that Eagle deserves a pint.

So what, beaky? Anyone can write any shite on facebook, and they often do. Writing on facebook does not make anyone an authority on anything. They are just writing their own opinions and often not worth reading anyway. Do you believe everything you read?

Have to agree with you there Cleo to some extent although it does seeem a place where people can say what they think amongst 'friends'.

But hey, make your page open to anyone and your friends could actually be your enemies and vice versa or just weirdo's. Keep your page personal but tag or share your comments with others and before you know it 'they' and all 'theirs' have done the same and it is global.

Having just had the 'pleasure' of spending a month on Faceless book (ok so it was nice to chat to distant family etc etc ) there does certainly seem to be a lot of naff stuff being circulated and shared out amongst people or available publically regardless of who your friends are.

Youtube is just the same.... funny and interesting at times but well over the top at others.

Such it modern day technology though in the way words and things are easily spread I guess either for the good or bad :blink:

I think I'll stick to this forum as at least I can just delete or ban myself :lol::wink:

Hang on Wolfie I am also confused, how about you clarifying how you are "actually agreeing with me" or shall we both agree that not only do we not understand what each other is talking about but we don't understand what we are talking about!. :wink::wink: :wink:

Ok Alg you said

a forum is no place for religious fanaticism

and I said

until those fanatics are treated with the contempt they deserve

Is that not agreeing? :unsure:

I recon you should both 'agree that you do not understand what each other is talking about' before it decends into another one like the last one. :wink::D

I have run out of lemsips now but I do still think Billy Ray Cyrus's version was slightly better that Lulu's but that's probably cos he's a good looking bloke with a husky voice. :wink::blink:

So what, beaky? Anyone can write any shite on facebook, and they often do. Writing on facebook does not make anyone an authority on anything. They are just writing their own opinions and often not worth reading anyway. Do you believe everything you read?

Isn't everything on the internet someone's opinion, you don't need to agree with it to allow it.

As to the second bit, lets start at the beginning, "Many Muslims are not happy", is that incorrect?

I recon you should both 'agree that you do not understand what each other is talking about' before it decends into another one like the last one. :wink::D

I have run out of lemsips now but I do still think Billy Ray Cyrus's version was slightly better that Lulu's but that's probably cos he's a good looking bloke with a husky voice. :wink::blink:

No problem for me Dizz, I'm bored with it already. Good night all, sleep tight don't let the bed bugs bite.:wink::D :grin:

Dizzy, lovie, I am not in the least offended by what you said. In fact I quite agree with you.

The New York Daily News called it an "obscenely inept vanity project" that is "far beneath any reasonable standard of movie-making. Muslim filmmaker Kamran Pasha stated, "I am of the opinion that it is a film of questionable artistic merit, backed by a group of bitter bigots whose only agenda was to incite hatred and violence by smearing the character of Prophet Muhammad (peace aand blessings be upon him).

The producer hiding behind the alias of Sam Bacile is actually Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, a 55-year-old Egyptian-American Copt Christian and fraudster who was sentenced to 21 months in prison in the US in June 2010. He made the poor quality film knowing full well that it would incite anger from the muslims and has now gone into hiding with his family ( who he has endangered). A Fatwa has been issued against him.

The film depicts the prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings upon him) as a buffoon, a womaniser, homosexual, child abuser and a murderous villain.

Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) was orphaned as a young boy and his grandfather took him into his care. As he grew up it was noticed that Muhammad (peace and blessings upon him) never lied and always spoke the truth even if he did anything wrong. By the time he ws 20 years old many people with problems would consult with him because they trusted him, knowing that he always spoke the truth and never lied.

It is known that Muhammad (peace and blessing upon him) was an extremely handsome looking boy and anyone who looked upon his face immediately loved him. Because of his characteristic qualities Allah chose him to be a prophet, knowing that people would love him and believe everything he spoke.

Dizzy, lovie, I am not in the least offended by what you said. In fact I quite agree with you.

The New York Daily News called it an "obscenely inept vanity project" that is "far beneath any reasonable standard of movie-making. Muslim filmmaker Kamran Pasha stated, "I am of the opinion that it is a film of questionable artistic merit, backed by a group of bitter bigots whose only agenda was to incite hatred and violence by smearing the character of Prophet Muhammad (peace aand blessings be upon him).

The producer hiding behind the alias of Sam Bacile is actually Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, a 55-year-old Egyptian-American Copt Christian and fraudster who was sentenced to 21 months in prison in the US in June 2010. He made the poor quality film knowing full well that it would incite anger from the muslims and has now gone into hiding with his family ( who he has endangered). A Fatwa has been issued against him.

The film depicts the prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings upon him) as a buffoon, a womaniser, homosexual, child abuser and a murderous villain.

Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) was orphaned as a young boy and his grandfather took him into his care. As he grew up it was noticed that Muhammad (peace and blessings upon him) never lied and always spoke the truth even if he did anything wrong. By the time he ws 20 years old many people with problems would consult with him because they trusted him, knowing that he always spoke the truth and never lied.

It is known that Muhammad (peace and blessing upon him) was an extremely handsome looking boy and anyone who looked upon his face immediately loved him. Because of his characteristic qualities Allah chose him to be a prophet, knowing that people would love him and believe everything he spoke.

Well, from seeing as much as I could bear to watch of the said "film", I don't disagree with anything in the first paragraph: the proper response though, should have been to point and laugh at the makers, rather than killing people who happened to come from the same country as them.

Have to admit I switched off for the rest of the post.

Beaky's post made me laugh: back in the day when I was of a faith, we told jokes against it that we laughed at.

Nobody died.

Do you believe everything you read?

Heh, only if it's in one's HOLY BOOK!

Not a big fan of Christina Patterson as she often comes across as a bit lightweight for me, but this pretty much sums up my views on all of this:

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/lets-speak-out-for-the-freedoms-that-we-cherish-8153327.html

Sorry, but I'm just not very tolerant of religionists of any persuasion, and I won't be badgered into respecting someone's belief in any old shite.

Well, from seeing as much as I could bear to watch of the said "film", I don't disagree with anything in the first paragraph: the proper response though, should have been to point and laugh at the makers, rather than killing people who happened to come from the same country as them.

Have to admit I switched off for the rest of the post.

Beaky's post made me laugh: back in the day when I was of a faith, we told jokes against it that we laughed at.

Nobody died.

Do you believe everything you read?

Heh, only if it's in one's HOLY BOOK!

Not a big fan of Christina Patterson as she often comes across as a bit lightweight for me, but this pretty much sums up my views on all of this:

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/lets-speak-out-for-the-freedoms-that-we-cherish-8153327.html

Sorry, but I'm just not very tolerant of religionists of any persuasion, and I won't be badgered into respecting someone's belief in any old shite.

Well nobody is badgering you to become a muslim are they? You don't have to respect anyones belief in a religion but neither do you have to make the negative comments that annoy any believer, you have a right to your opinion, just keep them to yourself instead of spreading negativity about a religion you have no real understanding of. Is that too much to ask of anyone? :unsure:

All Gods /deities /supreme beings /other religious entities need believers for them to exist and to that end are intolerant of each other and their believers.

This has a tendency to make all gods / deities /supreme beings /other religious entities selfish and to promote their beliefs/ rule/ edicts/whatever to the exclusion of all others.

The main belief/ rule/ edict for all being that those who do not believe in their particular brand of religion are at best to cast to some sort of,for want of a better word, Hell and at worst that they be sent there without further delay and by whatever means are at the disposal of the believer.

Also true for Bond villains and Mad Scientists that want to take over the world.:|