Royal Target?

observer

"he'll be dead" or worse still, captured - which is the reason such a high profile person, shouldn't be allowed to pursue his juvenile fantasies over there. The "war" is winding down for us, and we'll be pulling out with the loss of over 400 young lads, then the Taliban will move right back in. :(

We have NEVER lost an Apache, either to enemy action or to mechanical failure - and believe me the enemy has tried REALLY hard to shoot ours down!

The Yanks have lost a couple over the years, both operationally and in training. The lesson learned is that a crash in an Apache from an operational fighting height is not survivable. Think about falling from a height of at least 300m (out of range of the only Taliban weapon capable of seriously damaging an Apache - RPG's) while strapped into a titanium bath tub within 6 feet of a hundred gallons of aviation fuel.

There ain't going to be a great deal left to capture!

It's possible that Harry could be killed in Afghanistan, unlikely given his training and his role, but possible. Like I say, he's a soldier.

It's more likely that many of the remaining Taliban and AQ fighters will come out from the woodwork to try and have a pop at him. They'll pay for that mistake with their lives.

Yes, but they believe they've got somewhere to go after they die - so arn't too bothered about dying! The Yanks killed around 2million N/vietnamese for the price of 50,000 dead GIs - but the Viets won. Look Kije, we've got these "Royals" born into a life without anything really meaningfull to do - so joining the military appears a sound solution to relieving the boredom, and as an officer, cultivating that air of superiority that compliments their title. Either, they are VIPs essential to the perpetuation of the Monarchy, in which case, we should question our expeniture on their training or they are treated as "ordinary" folk, and as such totally expendable, like the rest of us. :wink:

As a serving soldier, I applaud Harry for going to Afghanistan, however as a target I'm afraid other lads are going to lose their lives in the process of the Taliban seeking him out as I believe two American servicemen have!, what does the War Office do now leave him there and chance losing more soldiers or lose face and return him back to the UK. :unsure:

Think we have to decide - whether HRH should be restricted to the immediate family, who are then treated as VIPs and NOT placed in dangerous places or jobs; the rest can then get a ordinary job like the rest of us. Harry's problem is, he's third in line (the spare heir), which would basically consign him to hanging around, with the occasional excursions to Vegas etc. Then we can save money on training for military careers that they will never properly be commited to. :wink:

As a serving soldier, I applaud Harry for going to Afghanistan, however as a target I'm afraid other lads are going to lose their lives in the process of the Taliban seeking him out as I believe two American servicemen have!, what does the War Office do now leave him there and chance losing more soldiers or lose face and return him back to the UK. :unsure:

It's a tricky one that's for sure.

I applaud him for going too Algy just as I applaud them all. I don't agree with any of them being there though.

Like you rightly say, if Harry's presence there is now causing even more dangers to the rest of his team (as it seems from what you have said about the two US soldiers already killed) then maybe he should come home.

His life is no more important than any of his colleagues lives and their job is hard enough as it is without any extra worry that they may now be targeted more just because one person has a rather high profile to say the least.

Perhaps if the press hadn’t all reported that he’d gone the Talies might not have noticed.....perhaps they could all report that he HAS come home now (even if he hasn’t really)......naah daft idea as the likes of the Sun would only splash it over their front page that he hadn’t.

Perhaps if the press hadn’t all reported that he’d gone the Talies might not have noticed.....perhaps they could all report that he HAS come home now (even if he hasn’t really)......naah daft idea as the likes of the Sun would only splash it over their front page that he hadn’t.

You can always rely on The Sun for the truth. :wink:

Yep :wink::lol:

I only ever believe what I read on here anyway so no need for overpriced tabloid newspaper nonsense in our house as the truth is always infront of my very eyes 24/7 for free :lol:

I agree Dizz the truth is always reported on this forum, my only problem is finding it!. :unsure::wink: