The Eurozone.....

Bazj

Listening to a news commentator today on the radio and they were discussing the Eurozone....

The fears now are that Greece will still leave the Euro; despite all the bailout monies and that Italy is struggling now as well..... The feeling of the economists on the show was that with Greece and Portugal there was no real issue in bailing them out as they weren't THAT skint.... Now that Spain is getting bailout money they reckoned that if Itally goes cap in hand too.... there just won't be enough money in Europe to bail them out and that the whole thing will collapse in on itself....

We can live in hope!!!

Unfortunately they have all got their heads firmly in the sand, but they do know that whatever happens they are fireproof, its all the rest of us that are going to have to survive the consequences :angry: :angry: :angry:

I have said all along that the banks should have been allowed to fail, and the same is true of the €uro. All that has happened is that the inevitable pain has been made worse. The politicians only have an eye for their own safety and the common man can go do one :angry: :angry: :angry:

Lt Kije I cannot for the life of me understand why you, as a working man, continue to defend these shysters that pretend to be looking after our interests when they only want to protect their own.

Cleo

The euro zone will out last you, now put your glasses on you obviously cannot see without them :wink:

Well I am not going to join in your little 'I Win' games but I stand by my statement. You can say anything you wish but in the end you will see that I was correct and I await the day I can say to you - I TOLD YOU SO! :lol:

Lt, my opinion is that Baz nor anyone else answering this topic suffers from sight problems except perhaps you, and yours is nothing to do with eyesight its foresight that you lack my friend.

You have those members that contribute to the 'kitty'- Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Finland and good old France who will go which ever way the pendulum swings, and those members who are in it for what ever they can get out of it, Spain, Portugal, Greece and to a lesser extent Italy etc. and as long as that situation exists the wealthy nations will always subsidise weaker economies, As a matter of interest both Turkey and Poland's economies have benefited by staying out of the Eurozone although Poland does have problems with large scale unemployment that would increase if all the Poles living in the UK returned home, so Lt in simplistic terms how do you explain how in the long term the EUROZONE will succeed?.

Please don't give a politicians answer.

Algy

If Polands economy is doing as well as you say, why are they coming to work over here?

Turkeys economy has been growing for years, that proves nothing, it is still far behind that of the euro zone, they have one of the lowest rates of pay in The whole of Europe very little women work in Turkey! And next to no health and safety for employees.

Have alook for yourself

http://jimbuie.blogs.com/turkey/2010/03/good-news-for-turkeys-economy-in-comparison-with-greece.html

Now do you want to compete at that level

That's the trouble with the UK press, they might tell you Poland and Turkey are doing very well out of the euro but they don't tell you why.

Algy

If Polands economy is doing as well as you say, why are they coming to work over here?

Turkeys economy has been growing for years, that proves nothing, it is still far behind that of the euro zone, they have one of the lowest rates of pay in The whole of Europe very little women work in Turkey! And next to no health and safety for employees.

Have alook for yourself

http://jimbuie.blogs.com/turkey/2010/03/good-news-for-turkeys-economy-in-comparison-with-greece.html

Now do you want to compete at that level

That's the trouble with the UK press, they might tell you Poland and Turkey are doing very well out of the euro but they don't tell you why.

The report you quoted from is weak in content and rather outdated -

Mar 28, 2010 6:03:43 AM | Economy, Turkey's Neighbors: Greece

Regarding why would Poles want to work over here, possibly because they wish to have better working conditions and pay than they have in Poland, if you read my previous answer I did say that Poland was suffering from high unemployment, the point I was making was that if both Poland and Turkey had adopted the Euro they may very well have been in a much worse position than they are at the present time, as I'm fairly sure we would have been!. I am not an expert on this particular subject and what I do try to do is read what is printed on the lines and not attempt to guess what is between them, a pitfall that many people fall into!. :wink:

Algy

I have no problem with you reading the press, but the press have an agenda, the papers with a right wing view in politics ( tend to have an anti European view) and that's what you get when you read them, you get the opposite if you read the left leading press. So sometimes reading between the lines helps as you don't get the full story from any of them. It's probably better to read a paper from each side, as it is hard to formulate an opinion if you are only seeing one side.

I don't have much time to read papers sadly, but when I can I get the Times, Gaurdian or the Independent, and as I have said many times before I can't stand the Mail :wink:

As to the report being old, we are in a World recession, I dont think things have improved much anywhere, It could well be worse as it is everywhere else :wink: