Michelin maps

wolfie

The map if you had bothered to look Wolfie, is from the " Manchester City Council" web site as you call it.

Greater Manchester came into being in 1975 lived and then died, the only part of it that is still in existence is the authority that looks after the emergency services, I live in Culcheth, their are some who live here that are still insist it is part of Lancashire, it does not make it right.

You have always known it as Greater Manchester so it will always be Greater Manchester to you. What did people say about Stockport pre 1975 before the name greater Manchester came into being, it was just a Cheshire town. It was sucked into The new Greater Manchester and fell out of it when Maggie got rid of Greater Manchester and the GLC ect.

Why should I bother myself to look at your websites when you can't be bothered to look at those I posted. I am still waiting to know if the Greater Manchester website is wrong in your opinion.

BTW. The Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA) is the top-tier administrative body for the local governance of Greater Manchester, England. The combined authority was established on 1 April 2011 and consists of ten indirectly elected members, each a directly elected councillor from one of the ten metropolitan boroughs that comprise Greater Manchester

Or is that wrong also?

Does anyone still use AtoZ these days ? They are very good till you try & read one while trying to drive then they are more dangerous than a mobile phone.

Back to Michelin ,when i first looked at the map i thought Warrington had been omitted then after a few minutes i noticed it as a suburb of Liverpool. Makes you wonder what else was wrong on the map.

The GMCA looks after the Police ect, and transport, have you looked at the map, the map comes from, Manchester City Council, which you mentioned, or were you wrong to mention Manchester City Council?

Correct, I left the bleedin 's' off, as in 'Councils', which make up Greater Manchester. :roll: :roll:

btw what's that strange fictional place name at the top of this A-Z

AAISL.jpg

Lt Kije you really need to give up this nit picking. Okay the Mersey is accepted as starting in Stockport, but it runs through Manchester so your initial post about Manchester United fans not wanting Manchester to be associated with the Mersey is fatuous at best :roll: :roll:

Back to Michelin ,when i first looked at the map i thought Warrington had been omitted then after a few minutes i noticed it as a suburb of Liverpool. Makes you wonder what else was wrong on the map.

Probably referring to Penketh, aka Little Liverpool. :wink: