Text pop-ups

algy

Over the past few days when I have typed text I have found that certain words have been underlined and when I have placed the cursor over the word a pop-up has appeared inviting me to take part in a survey or to enter a competition for such luxury electronic items as an iphone etc. I ran 'Malwarebyte' anti-malware software and nothing was detected, I then Googled the problem and the only way that I have been able to alleviate the problem was by installing an add-on to my Firefox browser called Addblock-Plus and this appears to have resolved the problem.

Thought I would mention it in case anyone has experienced the same problem, if you run a different browser such as IE or Googlchrome you may have to find another program as Adblock-Plus is recommended by Firefox.

It will probably because Gary has added something like adbrite or similar which is a cash generating popup scammy sales nonsense....

Use adblocker or similar but you will need to remove the tracking cookies first using malwarebytes anti malware

OOOHH you will get a telling off blocking the ads on here honest Gary frowns on that sort of thing :angry: :angry: :mrgreen:

When I type text with my keyboard that text belongs to me, when I complete that operation whoever owns the site that the text has been fixed on their hard drive can do whatever they wish with it, however while I am typing the last thing I need is a distraction in the form of pop-ups, anyway correct me if I'm wrong but I am under the impression that Add-Block only prevents the pop-up on my computer. :unsure::D :grin: :D

:lol::lol::lol: I'd rather not know thanks Wolfie... but then again :lol:

I'm still using IE and Windows XP :oops: and I don't get any underlining or anything similar. (well not yet anyway)

I'm not running any specific ad blockers either these days (that I am aware of)

I do use tracks eraser a few times a week though and it often clears over 30+ meg of other crap including temp internet files and cookies that the normal 'IE Delete Browsing History/Cookies etc' seem unable to find.

I now give it one hour until I suddenly now get bothered by the same problem you mention :shock:

At least it's not predictive text. :unsure:

Course, you all know what I'm going to say next don't you? :wink:

oh pigt

Download and open Tecstio on your phone:

To type the Welsh word sut without predictive text, you’d have to press 7 four times to get an s, 8 twice for a u, wait a bit, and then press 8 once more for a t. Sounds like hard work!

Using predictive text, you’d only need to press 7 (for an s), 8 (u) and 8 once again (for the t). And that’s it!

The software chooses the appropriate word on your behalf, halving the amount of effort it takes you to type it. :wink::D :grin:

pob lwc!

I tend not to use txt's anymore unless I have no choice thanks to it's 'productive' brain and the number of '????s' I seem to receive in reply. :lol::oops:

You've all seen my typos on here when I'm tired so just imagine how some of those could translate on my mobile when I'm not taking care with my contraceptives or constipation (oops I of course meant to say concentration) :lol:

I took Firefox off my computer a few weeks ago as it was causing all sorts of problems, including not allowing graphics at, seemingly, random times. After a bit of experimenting, I have now settled on Safari, which I've found excellent EXCEPT that I can't find an English dictionary. As it is Apple based, it is exclusively American, with the consequent Webster spellings and I spend ages attempting to teach it that there really is a letter "u" in favourite and colour........angry.gif

May have to see what happens now that firefox has updated (again) well so far no bubbles or freezing graphics and my ad blocker is turned offf on warrington worldwide.

Now if i can just get this f key sorted will save me loads off correction. It either gives me two f's or none a fflaming nuisance at times. :angry: