Forgotten Lancashire (and parts of Cheshire and the Wirral)

Derek

Derek.... any chance we can have the same forum discounts as the Wigan forum bods are getting by the way [ :D

I only know that as I was googling Bill's meatballs to see what was in them and you will soon come to realise, like everyone else, that I'm a little odd like that :oops:

Nowt wrong with me asking as tah can alwis say 'bugger off' (or similar) :wink::lol:

Dizzy, please don't tell more than five hundred people about this or they'll go the same way as Shiverofski and Blunt's £1 Emporium, but I've persuaded my publishers to offer exactly the same bargain as the good folk of Wigan. If you click on this link http://www.forgottenlancashire.co.uk/buy-warr.php you'll be able to get my book for £8.99, including postage and packing - an amazing bargain, I'm sure you'll agree.

Derek

Ooops good point Derek and maybe I should have asked you my cheeky question via a personal message instead :blink::oops:

Shall I leave my question on here for a few days for all the regulars to spot then delete both mine and your reply so any non forum members have to pay full price :wink::D

Non-members don't deserve the very kind special discount you have given us :wink:

Brain into overdrive now....

maybe I should change my post and remove mention to 'the other' and you should should change your posts to read 'Warr WW forum members only - special offer'.

Anyone who's not already a member has to register and send you or me a personal message and inturn we'll message them back in a 'personal forum message' with your special link.

Yes I hear it loud and clear from everyone.... GO HAVE A LIE DOWN IN A DARK ROOM AGAIN DIZZY :lol::oops::lol:

Ooops good point Derek and maybe I should have asked you my cheeky question via a personal message instead :blink::oops:

Shall I leave my question on here for a few days for all the regulars to spot then delete both mine and your reply so any non forum members have to pay full price :wink::D

Non-members don't deserve the very kind special discount you have given us :wink:

Brain into overdrive now....

maybe I should change my post and remove mention to 'the other' and you should should change your posts to read 'Warr WW forum members only - special offer'.

Anyone who's not already a member has to register and send you or me a personal message and inturn we'll message them back in a 'personal forum message' with your special link.

Yes I hear it loud and clear from everyone.... GO HAVE A LIE DOWN IN A DARK ROOM AGAIN DIZZY :lol::oops::lol:

You're giving this a lot more thought than I can cope with ! Really I just want as many people as possible to enjoy my book, and my publisher says that anyone from this Forum can have the special rate up to the end of July (full price again after that), so I'd say leave it on and let others know that they can get a bargain, but only for a limited period. Thanks for your interest, though, it's much appreciated.

Derek

• Upvote 1

Can I get it in the shops? The book, I mean, not tripe! I don't do debit cards. :rolleyes:

Yes, it's definitely stocked in independent booksellers - I'm not really involved in the distribution side of things, my publisher does that, but it seems to take a while to get on to the shelves at Smiths and Waterstones, I'm not sure why.

I know what you mean about debit cards, incidentally. Nataya bought a dress with hers a while back and she seems to be taking forever to pay it off. She didn't tell me the exact price but said it was around £25, which seems a lot for a dress, but what do I know ? I've offered to have a look at her accounts with her, but she's not keen. I'm a cash man when I go shopping, I've got to say. (She did look lovely in the dress, by the way so it was probably a bargain.)

Derek

You're giving this a lot more thought than I can cope with !

:lol::lol: I know what you mean as I often can't cope with my thoughts either :lol: You'll get used to my ramblings and how to ignore them if you stick around on here for a few more years :wink:

Good luck with the book sales :D

If I went into a bookshop could I get the discount?

I just had a look at your website and I don't see anything in Warrington. Is it likely to be stocked here?

Hi Bill,

I'm afraid that you wouldn't be able to get the discount in a local bookshop - this is something that my publisher has set up specifically for Warrington Worldwide Forum members who go to the website. I don't really know how all this side of things works - I'm kept busy enough with the writing. It ought to be in local bookshops, but if it isn't, you could try your local library - they can definitely get it for you, I know.

Hope that this helps,

Derek.

Uncle joes in my memory were an oval shape, and were very definitely unwrapped (circa 1940). They were one of the few sweets available.

From the sweet shop adjoining the Queen's cinema they were four a penny. Like most things these days they were a bit larger and the four - if you sucked slowly, lasted for the two hours of the film.

To be a bit more boring, my pocket money was sixpence a week. Threepence for the back downstairs of the Queens (will you take me in mister?); 4 uncle Joes; tuppence for a bag of chips at the shop opposite; and then dash home for Monday night at eight is on the air.(Paul Temple and all that).

Sending myself to sleep now.

Happy days

• 2 weeks later...

We used to buy tripe for the dogs. The idea didn't last long as it was a pain cutting it up into bite sized pieces.

Nataya and I have been away for a family camping holiday and no access to WiFi (the children weren't best pleased !) so I've only just noticed this.

I can't say anything detrimental about tripe, not after Sir Norman has been very kind to me, but what I have noticed, whilst I've been away, is that the Tripe Marketing Board has done a major revamp of their site, including a few recipes - not sure what your dogs would think of 'Vietnamese Tripe Salad' though ! http://tripemarketingboard.co.uk

• 3 weeks later...

My feet have hardly touched the ground since I've been back off holiday. I didn't realise how hard authors have to work, as well as fitting it in with my main job. Anyway, if anyone is able to tune in to Radio Merseyside tomorrow afternoon at 5pm, I'm being interviewed about my book, Forgotten Lancashire (and parts of Cheshire and the Wirral) by none other than Roger Phillips - I'm very excited I must say.