Weather Photography

sadako

Well I won't argue with you cos you were there and I wasn't. However, I will say that to me it looks like the wire is visible through the light. I magnified by 1000% and the strange thing is the result was not pixelated like the rest of the picture and it looked like the light was actually emanating from the bottom two wires. Oh well! :unsure:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing picture Asp. :D Not sure I'd like to be out at sea in a storm though :shock::unsure:

We've got an amazing photo somewhere of huge waves crashing over the bow and decks of HMS Iron Duke that my brother-in-law took. I can't find it though ....... and it's starting to bug me now :blink:

Or that brass bound trunk in the attic that smells of moth balls. Amazing what you might find when you are not looking for it.

Sister came across an old guardian page that featured three members of my family. will post it in a different thread in a bit.

I could sit for hours watching huge waves crashing (from a safe distance of course) but blimey Asp those really freaked me out. The power of the sea is a force of it's own when it wants to be and no way of taming or stopping it.

Beats me how those lighhouses survived that battering (if they did) :shock:

If you are on a ship do you get enough prior warning of condidtions like that so you can quick;y re-route and get out of the way or do you just have to brace yourself and hope for the best :unsure::shock:

Good question Dizzy. If we know the conditions outside port are bad we stay put, but sometimes we are already at sea so have to ride it out. Of course the video showed conditions close to shore where the shallow water increases the wave height.