Weather Photography

sadako

Just a quick question.

I know there are a few posters on this forum who have an interest in photography. What I want to know is whether there any posters who have specific interest in weather photography? If so, I would be very interested to hear from you and to see some of your work. One of my major interests is the weather and searching out storms. I have hundereds of photos but nobody to share this interest with :(

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If ever there was a post that made forum poster PJ and his amazing photo's immediately spring to mind this is the one :D

I love photos of any sort and would love to see some of your weather and storms as they sound realy intriguing.

Can't say I've ever taken any of just the 'weather' though so I couldn't really offer anything in return other than Warrington sunny day photos or Warrington snowy day ones :oops::oops:

Maybe you've just started a new found interest for us all happy snappers :D

PLEASE upload some :D:D

I will label them when I'm back at my computer (on phone). The tornado were in 2010, the rest were last month. Got back from the USA a few weeks ago. Some were in Oklahoma. Most were Colorado. I forget where some were as I was also in Nebraska, South Dakota and Kansas.

If anyone is interested is seeing some more, especially of any tornadoes, gustnadoes and funnel cloids, I can post them here. Alternatively, I have some videos of some tornadoes that I shot this year and previous years log with hail.

It's called a supercell. It's basically a thunder storm with a strong continuous rotation (Mesocyclone) caused by an updraft of warm air. You can see the start of a tornado in another photo of a different supercell just before the image of Devil's tower. This is called a funnel cloud.

Great images Sadako, I never really thought of weather as a photographic subject all on its own but I suppose the weather features in virtually every outdoor shot we take. It makes a change from just moaning about the weather I suppose.

Wow amazing photo's Sadako. Love the tornado ones and horses. More please :D

I'm a bit annoyed with Algy though as I hadn't spotted the spooky face until he mentioned it :unsure::lol:

I just took these two (10.20am). Think we may be about to have a little shower.

IMG_5534.jpg

IMG_5544.jpg

Yes, by the looks of it you may get a little drizzle.

I can't see the face in the cloud Algy :( I think I have some more 'spooky' pics somewhere though.

I can certainly post more Dizzy, if you're genuinely interested. I don't want to send anyone asleep with my weather hobby. I'll maybe post some videos too.

I'm taking my camera out this afternoon. I'll see what I can get. Went storm chasing last week as there was a storm brewing near stoke.

I'm taking my camera out this afternoon. I'll see what I can get. Went storm chasing last week as there was a storm brewing near stoke.

That'll be a storm in a tea cup sadako :wink::D

The potteries, know what I mean................ oh never mind :roll: :roll: