Andy Murray

wolfie

Alex Salmond is hoping that Andy Murray wins at Wimbledon, coupled with Glasgow hosting the Commonweath Games and the Ryder Cup at Gleneagles in 2014, he says it will boost national pride ahead of the referendum on leaving the Union.

So if Murray wins will he be the first Brit for donkeys years (?) or will he insist on the records showing that he was the first Scottish tennis player to win?

I hope Federer beats the English hating Jock.

Well said.....

about time we gave Alex his wish and got rid of Scotland because once they leave the Union and can't afford the free prescriptions and free Uni places and the fact there is no money left in Europe to allow him a place on the gravy train; he'll soon come grovelling back for the English handouts!

• Upvote 1

As far as I know their is only me and Obs that claim to be British,

What, in the whole world? :unsure::shock: :shock:

That's the point Lt. The media are pushing him as the first Brit for 74 years to reach the final, but everyone knows that Murray sees himself as a Scot not British, so the question was ' Is he more likely to want records to show him as the first Scot'to reach/win a Wimbledon final.

Fergie is Scots.... why do you ask?

He was there watching the tennis. At least he was sat behaving unlike that daft tart Carol Vorderman who was making a right fool of herself at Silverstone. Either drunk or showing off in front of her friends.

No idea about Vorderman and I will have to google that now Peter as it sounds interesting :unsure::lol:

Murray made a complete fool of himself when he was being interviewed before the trophy giving.

Yes it must be so very disapointing not to win but for goodness sake he's a grown man and all his blubbering and holding onto the microphone in a daze with long silences and unable to speak made me cringe and hide behind my cushion :roll:

What and complete idiot and if he was my son I'd have run on the court and slapped him aroung the chops and told him to pull himself together.