HSE fight back

Lt Kije

It appears the HSE are getting the blame for everything, So they have started a web site, to show its not them all the time, and you can chalange them over rules and see if they are to blame, most of the time it appears to be people blaming them when it is not, From a few posts on here it looks like some people have been taken in

http://www.hse.gov.uk/myth/top10myths.htm

It appears the HSE are getting the blame for everything, So they have started a web site, to show its not them all the time, and you can chalange them over rules and see if they are to blame, most of the time it appears to be people blaming them when it is not, From a few posts on here it looks like some people have been taken in

http://www.hse.gov.uk/myth/top10myths.htm

Flippin heck! I told you that months ago. :huh:

Good link Lt and there was me thinking that kids can't play with conkers :oops::lol:

Question though... how come there aren't any reported myths since 2010 and or pre 2007? Does that mean everything we have head prior to and since those dates are actually facts :unsure::wink:

I really have no idea Lt. I'm clearly confusing myself too now :lol:

.... I looked again and I get it now. 2007 - 2010 were the 'myth of the month' pages which no longer runs.

I got there in the end eh :lol:

5 July 2012 - HSE Warning - Do not attempt to understand, follow or reply to any of Dizzy's posts as it can result in both parties suffering headaches, stress and an overall sense of confusion.

Will it just be the 'jobsworths' that won't read it?

What's a 'jobsworth' btw :unsure: :unsure: (and don't say £20 per hour)

You obviously haven't been visited by a health and safety 'expert' intent on seeking out the slightest missing sticker! I believe the original quote was 'It's more than my job's worth' (to let you in/do that/etc.) Mostly, they are doing exactly what those examples on the link suggest - trying to implement a law that doesn't exist!

Errm Ok Lt although I did say I have now found my way around their site after looking at the wrong bit. :oops:

If you need something to do though....

Is it a myth that rescue services such as the police, ambulance, fire services cannot go into water of say a couple of feet deep for H&S reasons to save a person in dificulties or who is seen floating (possible alive or dead) until the trained water rescue 'people' arrive to assess or deal with the situation ?

We don't need a big debate on it as it's been covered on here many times before but not to the extent of whether it is actually true or not.

Sooooo..... just a simple 'myth' or 'true' reply will be enough.

I can't think of any more at the moment sorry.