Family Search website.

algy

In an attempt to help Baz locate 'Back Atherton Street' Warrington (read his post in the History section) I went on to the 'Family Search' website, one that I have used frequently in the past, however they have rehashed the complete format of the site and in my opinion completely ruined it!, has anyone else used the new formatted site recently?.

In an attempt to help Baz locate 'Back Atherton Street' Warrington (read his post in the History section) I went on to the 'Family Search' website, one that I have used frequently in the past, however they have rehashed the complete format of the site and in my opinion completely ruined it!, has anyone else used the new formatted site recently?.

It seems to be a modern trend - if it works fix it! :blink:

which site are we talking about??

Baz, the site is called,'Family Search' a free ancestry search site run by - Church of Jesus Christ Latter Day Saints, an American outfit, in it's previous format it was a brilliant site for tracing ancestors and if you went into the 1881 census on there you could scroll through streets, a bit laborious but you could find what you wanted, not sure if that is still possible because I never managed to figure it out. :unsure:

1907 map

Atherton Street was off Thewlis street, Bank quay.

marked with a small red 'X'

1907.jpg