Summer

asperity

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Asp.... I just thought I'd let you know -

I'm sat here 'working' away quite happily.

It's still pouring down outside and I can see it from the window and I've just reaslied that I've been whistling the start of that damn song you posted over and over again. I've stopped whistling it now I've noticed but it's still going around in my head. AARGH !! :shock:<_<:lol:

Bit of a change in the weather from yesterday though with it's blazing sun and blue skies. (only telling you that incase you are somewhere else)

Makes you wonder why they spent all that money on a supercomputer to predict the weather.

Remember seeing a cartoon once about a computer predicting the weather. all dials and flashing lights and in a room on the other side was a guy with some seaweed typing the answer on a typewriter and shoving through a slot in the front.

:lol::lol:

Have to admit I took the dog out this afternoon when the rain eased a bit then it suddenly started to pour down again. We were soaked within a minute so I thought what the hell.

Quite a lot of the surface water drains were blocked in the backs (service roads) behind some of the terraces around here and where the service road surface above the sewers have really sunk and broken up over the years there were huge puddles, some spanning the width of the 'backs' and best one was over 4 inches deep above the blocked drain.

I had wellies on (not worn wellies for years) so I rolled up my jeans and me and the dog ran through them all splashing them everywhere.

I felt like a little kid and it was great fun :oops::lol: I'd recommend it to anyone.

I'd also like to thank the driver who later drove through one of the floods caused by other blocked drains on Ellesmere Road who kindly drenched me with the spray as he/she drove though it.

Probably intentional and it covered me but as I was soaked anyway I found it really funny and laughed all the way home (whilst whistling that damn song again Asp) :lol:

Best walk we've had in ages and nice and refreshing too....even though we looked like two drowned rats when we got back.

• 3 weeks later...