Tea bad for your health

Just read a headline that drinking large amounts of tea could increases the risk of prostate cancer. apparently drinking more than seven cups a day raised the chances off men getting prostate cancer by up to 50%

However the results are in doubt as the survey has shown that most of the tea drinkers lived to and age where prostate cancer was as common due to age.

quote from the article.

Study leader Dr Kashif Shafique, from the Institute of Health and Wellbeing at the University of Glasgow said: "Most previous research has shown either no relationship with prostate cancer for black tea or some preventive effect of green tea.

"We don't know whether tea itself is a risk factor or if tea drinkers are generally healthier and live to an older age when prostate cancer is more common anyway."

Who pays these guys to do this research and why? :?

Ee,Sidney lad, if tha listened to these folk tha woudn't eat nor drink owt! Then tha woud dee of annierexa!

I can drink tea till it's coming out of my ears but not like the natives here abouts, They drink it (black or green and all the other varients) from a small glass laced with sugar and no milk. Mine has to be in a cup with milk and no sugar. :D

Water is essential for life - but if you drink too much of it you can drown!

A little bit of what you fancy and everything legal in moderation, unless your genetic profile means you won't make old bones whatever you do!

Oh and don't forget to exercise for half an hour every day until you are slightly out of breath.

Please ignore any of the above advice which is only an opinion and not medical advice.:blink:

Ee,Sidney lad, if tha listened to these folk tha woudn't eat nor drink owt! Then tha woud dee of annierexa!

I can drink tea till it's coming out of my ears but not like the natives here abouts, They drink it (black or green and all the other varients) from a small glass laced with sugar and no milk. Mine has to be in a cup with milk and no sugar. :D

Flippin' eck' Florence an I thowt tha'd gone native! :wink::D :grin:

Oh no, Algy lovie, I don't surrender my accent to anyone. I still speak with an english accent (note everyone that I said english accent) even when speaking arabic, much to the amusement of the indigenous natives. :lol:

I might eat communally from the same dishes and drink from the same glasses as other present diners when invited by friends to dine, in fact I quite like that, but in my house everyone eats from their own plates.

Oh no, Algy lovie, I don't surrender my accent to anyone. I still speak with an english accent (note everyone that I said english accent) even when speaking arabic, much to the amusement of the indigenous natives. :lol:

I might eat communally from the same dishes and drink from the same glasses as other present diners when invited by friends to dine, in fact I quite like that, but in my house everyone eats from their own plates.

Good for you Cleo, it's important to maintain your individuality and not lose site of the standards that our parents taught us!.