UPDATED - A49 London Road CLOSED near London Bridge Pub

Dizzy

Incase you are heading this way....

The A49 London Road is closed in both directions between Sandy Lane and Birchdale Crescent? due to a collapse in the road near the London Bridge Pub (junction of Birchdale Road). OUCH and it's only just been re-surfaced apparently.

BirchdaleRoadcollapse1.jpg

LondonRoadCollapse.jpg

LondonRoadClosed.jpg

On a positive not though there's no traffic about and all the kids are playing on their scooters on the cordoned off road down the slope towards Sandy Lane. They are having great fun :D

• Upvote 1

:lol::lol: Dizzy doesn't really do facebook Gary and you should know that by now as I've said it enough times on here :P:lol:

My pics were taken at 6.43 pm (40 mins after I was told about it) so the high viz men had either done a runner or fallen in the hole by then :unsure:

Re the news page pictures Baz... maybe they were all told to remove their hard hats immediately so they could scratch their heads more easily and convincingly and there was a real worry that as they looked down into the hole their hats may fall off.

This could cause extra excavation work and possibly much longer delays in repairs as the H&S bods may come to the conclusion that someone might be still 'attached' to one of the hats and have to call in forensics etc to check before work to remedy the situation could start or could continue :?

At least one thing is sure.. the hole definately exceeds the standard requirements for depth measurement and repair.

Joking aside the closure could cause long delays tomorrow morning as it's a really busy road and here's hoping there isn't an accident/delay on the motorway as they always use London Road as an alternative route :huh:

only wish I had known about this earlier, made the school run a right pain this morning. add to that roadworks at acton bridge and the normal 40 minute run turned into almost an hour. good job we were early setting out this morning or they would not have got there before half nine. :?

:lol::lol: Dizzy doesn't really do facebook Gary and you should know that by now as I've said it enough times on here :P:lol:

My pics were taken at 6.43 pm (40 mins after I was told about it) so the high viz men had either done a runner or fallen in the hole by then :unsure:

It took you 40 minutes to get there???? Where were you? Chester?? You need to get down to the gym and get fit. :P

Not a chance Cleo, last time I rode a bike I went over the handlebars :oops:

PS I didn't get the bus really I was at my dads as it was fathers day and if I'd gone sooner it may have upset him to think that a hole in the road was more interesting :lol:

Do I ? .... does it make a difference ? ... you know him better than I do although I did bump into him onece last year at walking day :lol:

Expert - definition -

Noun - A person who has a comprehensive and authoritative knowledge of or skill in a particular area

Adjective - Having or involving such knowledge or skill

Professional - definition -

Noun - A person engaged or qualified in a profession

Adjective - Of, relating to, or connected with a profession

I recon Gary will say he's a 'professional expert'

Do I ? .... does it make a difference ? ... you know him better than I do although I did bump into him onece last year at walking day :lol:

Expert - definition -

Noun - A person who has a comprehensive and authoritative knowledge of or skill in a particular area

Adjective - Having or involving such knowledge or skill

Professional - definition -

Noun - A person engaged or qualified in a profession

Adjective - Of, relating to, or connected with a profession

I recon Gary will say he's a 'professional expert'

Rule no. 1

NO ego massaging. :blink::wink: