Falkland Islands vote

wolfie

Looks like you were taken in Literally inky :wink:

Obs, you would be surprised, the difference is when I travel, it's with eyes open, and I don't travel abroad and then look for a place that serves English breakfast all day :wink:

Oh you do make such assumptions Kije..... have you any proof that everyone other than you looks for an English breakfast while on holiday? :wink:

I would say most of the Islanders are not related inky, wouldn't you

There are some very large extended families on the Falklands. Lots of second cousins umpteen times removed, as you'd expect with any fairly isolated community. I think it's quite likely that well over half of all Falklanders are closely related to other Falklanders.

But what has that to do with your calling Falkland Islanders who claim Falklands ancestry going back 5 or 6 generations - or even to the original 1760's settlers - bare faced liars?

I would say their would be few islanders that can claim ancestry back to the 1760's inky! The population in 1851 was 287, People emigrate as well as immigrate to the islands. Its not about believing the islanders at all, you asked me for proof, which I provided, I asked you for proof to which you gave a spurious post saying you had been their :wink:

You didn't provide proof of your initial statement that Argentinians were prevented from going to the Falklands by the UK at all - in fact, you provided proof that there ARE a significant number of Argentinians permanently resident there, by showing that they appear in the Falklands census returns.

You then moved the goalposts with some clap-trap about the need to have a permanent right to reside in order to buy property in the Falklands. True, but then you need a permanent right to reside in the UK to stand much chance of getting a mortgage to buy a property here - so that's all a bit irrelevent, especially since there ARE Argentinians with a permanent right to reside in the Falklands.

You asked me to back up my assertion that there were islanders with long family histories there. I told you that I've been there and met them

If you disbelieve me then disprove me.

You asked me to show you proof, which I did. It was plain by your asking you didn't believe me, so I gave you proof. I am only asking the same of you inky, something so far you are not willing to do, If the population was 287 in 1851, I will let you do the Maths, and also who is to say the 267 in 1851 were all descendants of the original settlement.