Falkland Islands vote

wolfie

To buy property or land in the Falklands you need "permanent right to remain.

http://www.falklands.gov.fk/assembly/documents/236-09.pdf

If you had bothered to think about it inky it makes sense, otherwise you would have alot of Argentinions buying property and building houses and when it comes to a vote, the British nationals would loose out.

Now inky will you post evidence for your first post on this thread :D

I think you mean Lt Kije Algy :wink: :wink:

Your absolutely correct Asp, by the time I had backtracked reading the previous posts I became totally confused as to who had said what so I deleted my reply!. Serves me right for not keeping up with the topic in hand. :unsure::roll:

Listening to the news reports, it seems this Kerchner woman is using the dispute as a public destraction from Argentina's ecomomic woes; also no doubt, they have their eyes on the possible oil finds in the area - which gives us an even more pragmatic reason for defending them. :wink:

Obs I agree

algy no I am not pro Argentina, I just do not think the vote will acheive anything, we know what the result will be :wink:

The war was really about what is under the South Atlantic, and the Artic mineral rights. As long as the UK has territory near the Artic we have a claim :wink:

It would be nice to know where inky got his info from though :D