Women boxing

wolfie

I may be in a minority, but does anyone else believe there may well be a link between the incidents of teenage girls who end up fighting on nights out and the promotion of Womans boxing to the point where it is now an Olympic event. :unsure: :unsure:

PS. I don't mind women wrestling. :wink:

I personally don't think so as street brawls are usually a result of the girls having no respect for others and being fuelled by alcohol. Maybe those who like a fight could channel their energies into doing it in a boxing ring against someone else who wants to fight rather than on the streets against any easy target.

I used to do judo and karate and I never got into any fights (well apart from once outside our school as after 3 months of trying to ignore the resident school bullies attempts and threats and my mothers wise words of just ignoring and walking away so I took my dads advice and wacked her :oops: (just the once though).

Oh and there was the time I hit a girl with my roller blades as she pinned me to the bus stop in Stockton Heath after her brother tried to pinch them and I caught him and snatched them back. I had one in each hand and wasn't dropping them or the little sod would have run off with them again. :oops:

Boxing does seem an odd sport for women to do though. Are they all ugly bruisers ?

Why not? and knitting and sewing and painting and baking and lots of other things they could do to keep them occupied. :P

The problem there is that the majority of youngsters now don't know how to do any of these things as they have been all but stamped out in our "education" system.

Back to the topic, I am of the opinion that the rise in incidents such as this stems from the increase in the "going out to get drunk" culture prevalent in most people these days. I go to pubs to enjoy a good beer and good company. Many I know will actually state that they go out with the intention of getting drunk - male and female. I can't see the fun in that but, apparently, they can!

Too right Dave. I learned to knit and sew and cook and bake at school and the lessons were re-enforced at home by my momma. I doubt that many people can sew a button on these days. And, to many, cooking is throwing a precooked bag of something into the microwave for a couple of minutes.

I remember the days when my nephew would bring home something he had cooked at school. It was usually quite good but I'm not sure they do cookery lessons in schools these days. He became a Sergeant Chef in the army and has even prepared banquets for the likes of HRH The Prince of Wales. :)

Here's a novel twist - Instead of you two dancing around poles, how's about the poles dance around you? While they are dancing around you they could each take turns kicking you up the jacksie! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That's spooky - if one's dressed as a nun and the other one's wearing a basque and green wellies then I just know you've somehow been seeing the start of my favourite dream :twisted::lol::lol::lol:

(It gets weird after that bit........ :shock: )

That's spooky - if one's dressed as a nun and the other one's wearing a basque and green wellies then I just know you've somehow been seeing the start of my favourite dream :twisted::lol::lol::lol:

(It gets weird after that bit........ :shock: )

That's sick, Nick, a basque with green wellies, pink yes, but green, Uuuuugh!. :blink: