Don't Leave Your Daughter At The Pub

The man who runs the country, Dave Cameron, took his family out to lunch at a pub yesterday.

After the lunch he and his wife, who travelled home in another car, arrived home only to realise that they had left their 8yr old daughter behind in the pub.

This is the man who runs the country! Is there any hope....? :shock::blink::unsure:

The man who runs the country, Dave Cameron, took his family out to lunch at a pub yesterday.

After the lunch he and his wife, who travelled home in another car, arrived home only to realise that they had left their 8yr old daughter behind in the pub.

This is the man who runs the country! Is there any hope....? :shock::blink::unsure:

To be fair you have to consider his background.

Whe he left his young child with a bunch of strangers he was just confusing the pub with a boarding school. :)

It wasn't yesterday Cleo... it apparently happened a couple of months ago.

Wonder why it has taken so long to hit the headlines? Not that it's worthy of a national story though as she was only there for 15 minutes and was being looked after by pub staff.

• Upvote 1

I'm sure I read it was yesterday. Oh well, whenever it happened it shouldnt have done.

As for only there alone for 15 minutes, it only takes a minute for someone to be kidnapped and gone!

Agreed but I doubt that Davie boy goes to any old pub for Sunday lunch and probably all others who go there mingle in the same higher circles too and know each other.

An 8 year old who has been forced to grow up in shaddow of her fathers postition and the security and dangers surrounding daddies 'family life' probably realised anyway and alerted staff accordingly :wink:

Considering Mr C left with his bodyguards though I do have to ask the question as to wether his wife and kids have bodyguards too and why they didn't notice the daughter was 'missing'.

Anyway we've left our son in pubs many a time and he's never come to any harm so still no big deal and not really news worthy as far as I am concerned :wink:

next thought to occur to me is who was doing the driving. Did they not notice or did each assume that the daughter had gone with the other.

final thought if dave and mrs dave were driving themselves were they breathalysed to see if either was over the limit

(no more comments from me as I keep seeing this rather sinister looking black four by four prowling around the area) :blink::shock::unsure:

next thought to occur to me is who was doing the driving. Did they not notice or did each assume that the daughter had gone with the other.

final thought if dave and mrs dave were driving themselves were they breathalysed to see if either was over the limit

(no more comments from me as I keep seeing this rather sinister looking black four by four prowling around the area) :blink::shock::unsure:

They each thought that the child was with the other parent. Not good parenting. Before they even got into their respective cars, the first thing they should have done was to make sure all their children were there together with them and then agreed with whom they would be riding. And the cars should never have started untill they were fully aware that all their children were safely installed in the car/s. :angry:

There is simply no excuse for leaving a child behind in the pub!

Social Services would have got involved immediately had it been the child of a lesser mortal then the leader of the country.

I doubt social services would have got involved immediately after one little incident Cleo. Apart from which they wouldn't have known as it wouldn't have been splashed all over the TV and paper had it been lesser mortal parents who did it.

My parents never left me in the pub, but my mum did leave me outside the butcher’s once, but only while she went into the shop.

Whilst waiting in the queue though, she became aware of scornful glances and mutterings about “that poor baby” crying his eyes out in the pram outside. Not being one who responds well to any criticism, my mum told the small assembly of critics “he’s always bloody crying”!

When she got outside, probably ready to give me “something to cry for”, she noticed that she’d parked my head directly under a small cascade of rainwater running off the awning.

It’s a wonder I wasn’t drowned.

My parents never left me in the pub, but my mum did leave me outside the butcher’s once, but only while she went into the shop.

Whilst waiting in the queue though, she became aware of scornful glances and mutterings about “that poor baby” crying his eyes out in the pram outside. Not being one who responds well to any criticism, my mum told the small assembly of critics “he’s always bloody crying”!

When she got outside, probably ready to give me “something to cry for”, she noticed that she’d parked my head directly under a small cascade of rainwater running off the awning.

It’s a wonder I wasn’t drowned.

Yet none of them actually thought of moving you from under this water or telling your mother what the actual problem was?

A couple of years ago a group of people came into my pub,all ordered food and drink after a relaxing hour they all got up paid their bill and left laughing and joking as they went.

One of my waitresses started to clear the table they had been sitting,she came to me and said that there was a baby in a carry cot by their table,the baby was asleep and quite comfortable,another member of staff became very maternal and removed the baby to a quieter area of the pub while we decided the best cause of action,the cctv system caught the reg number of the car they were driving.

I was getting a little concerned now as about half an hour had passed and just about to get the local constabulary involved when a rather sheepish couple came into the pub asking had we found a baby,now I have been asked if I had found,keys,mobile phones,coats,umbrellas,all manner of things but never a baby before.

After they had received a lecture about responsible parenting from one of my more senior staff,they left

Surely the issue here is whether the Prime Minister (or his wife) should be visiting a local pub at all?

High office comes with privileges but also responsibilities and drawbacks - one of which is a need to deny oneself some of the pleasures that lesser mortals enjoy.

I realise that politicians love to portray themselves as being just like the rest of us, because they think it will win them votes. But they would get themselves fewer unfavourable headlines if they kept themselves apart.