Olympic Games Opening Ceremony PLEASE NO !!!

Dizzy

I despair of TV commentators. They are all overcome with the exuberance of their own verbosity

Completely agree

Apart from that' date=' (only watched from 9pm), I was surprised by the ceremony. Not bad for a little island. Can't have been too bad as the athletes seemed to enjoy it.

Having said that, WHY bring Ali into it. I feel sad for the guy the way they roll him out. Not good imo. [/quote']

Agreed

Isn't McCartney playing on the closing ceremony too??? Thank God I'll be away somewhere nice and hot!!

Loved the ceremony; unfortunately I fell asleep on the sofa 10 minutes before the team GB lot came out in their restyled Freddie Mercury/Elvis outfits!!

It's taken me over 2 days to be able to click on this topic without my blood pressure starting to bubble.

The opening ceremony was really good and I even enjoyed the commentary as that gave more insight into what all the bits were about. Very well done I thought and liked the fact that there were so many kids involved and the queen being a good sport too :D

All spolied by the flop of an ending !!

PAUL MCARTNY WAS TOTALLY AND UTTERLY EMBARRASSING TO THE EXTREME..... HE WAS AWFUL AGAIN. No huge chear or applause for him again when he stopped just like at the Queens concert. Surely he must be getting the message by now.

Can someone PLEASE stop him now !!!!!

If organisers feel they need to include beatles songs (which I don't mind) in the closing ceremony can they quickly please just get some tallented youngsters to dress as the beatles and sing the songs.

If McCartney still wants yet another moment in the limelight when all the world are watching then he can still be there..... sit him in a submarine and give him a flag to wave and some party poppers.... then dispatch his sub to the bottom of the Thames.

Ahhhh I feel much better now :oops::D

It is indeed very difficult to convince anybody with an ego as big as McCartney has that nobody is being entertained by his performances. So big is his ego that he would simply refuse to realise that his popularity has popped down the drain and he should follow after it. So big is his ego that he simply would never realise that with his advancing years - he's even older than I - that physical changes take place in the body, including the vocal cords, and his singing voice would have deteriorated considerably since his yeah, yeah days, and rather than sounding like a nightingale he now sounds like the ruddy old crow he is. He's made more than enough money to allow his children's children's children to live a life of comfort so somebody please convince him to retire! :angry:

I fear the message won't get through until the organisers refuse to pay him any fee!!

Perhaps it's the other way around. With his mega wealth maybe he's paying the organisers a huge wad towards the costs of staging these events in return for allowing him to warble and croak.

• 2 weeks later...

Less than half an hour to go until the Closing Ceremony of London 2012.

I'm feeling rather sad that it's all about to end as I've thoroughly enjoyed watching it and the BBC's coverage has been brilliant.

AND A HUGE WELL DONE TO TEAM GB. Blummin' fantastic and had me on the edge of my seat more times than I can remember.

Fingers crossed that YOU KNOW WHO is not going to sing in the closing ceremony and throw an spanner in the works as all my enjoyment will be marred and ruined for prosperity <_<:lol:

PHEW !!! Thankfully no sign of 'him' :D

Where was HM the Queen and her hubby at the closing ceremony though as they did refer to her but no images so clearly she/they weren't there which was a bit odd :unsure:

Infact through out the whole games I've only seen Prince William and wife Kate, Prince Harry, Princess Ann, Prince Charles and wife Camilla.

Prince Harry was the only one I saw at tonight's closing ceremony and he didn't look his usual bubbly self.

Maybe I just missed the others and hope her majesty and Prince Philip are both ok :shock::unsure::D

PHEW !!! Thankfully no sign of 'him' :D

Where was HM the Queen and her hubby at the closing ceremony though as they did refer to her but no images so clearly she/they weren't there which was a bit odd :unsure:

Infact through out the whole games I've only seen Prince William and wife Kate, Prince Harry, Princess Ann, Prince Charles and wife Camilla.

Prince Harry was the only one I saw at tonight's closing ceremony and he didn't look his usual bubbly self.

Maybe I just missed the others and hope her majesty and Prince Philip are both ok :shock::unsure::D

Phillip turned to The Queen and said, "hey up Maj, me owld dutch, all this running and jumping about has given me quite a thirst. I'm off to the refresher tent for a cuppa".

"Wait for me". The Queen responded, scooping up her handbag, copy of the official program and her favourite corgi, Soona. "One fancies a cuppa and a butty one's self".

So there they were drinking tea and eating butties in the tent and Phillip said to The Queen, "Hey, it's ok in here innit Maj love?"

The Queen replied, "Oh not now Phil! I've got a splitting headache from the screaming and clapping hoards outside, calm down and have another cucumber and cress butty and we will just sit here quietly till the whole shindig is over".

"Ok, me owld dutch", Phillip agreed, adding, "but we best not stay here too long or Hal will be wondering where we are and might think we went home early so we would'nt have to give him a lift home".

Cameron's most memorable moments of the Olympics were.

Mohamed winning the 5k and 10k

A woman winning the boxing

and no doubt if 2 gay blokes had won the coxless pairs, that would have been his third choice. :roll:

As for the closing ceremony,

Great light show in the stadium and fireworks at the end, sooner forget the rest. :roll: