Olympic Games Opening Ceremony PLEASE NO !!!

Dizzy

• 1 month later...

Well folks rejoice. it seems that due to a problem with security after the ending of the olympic opening ceremony in their infinite wisdom they have cut half an hour off the original programme.

This has led to great disappointment for those who have spent hours practising for their stint only to be told today that they have been cut and no longer required. Why not just start it half an hour earlier

Not exactly that much of a problem surely. still at £27 million should be adequate at least. :rolleyes:

Not allowed to use the logo and certain words Obs unless you are an official sponsor/investor :wink:

They've Olympic purple 'police' patrolling the streets in london now too making sure shops aren't using any olympic type words combinations or pictures in their windows/adverts to boost their own business sales.

Organisers have released a 30 second clip of what the opening ceremony will be like. Apparently the people wearing wings and riding bikes are 'angels' if anyone was wondering...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd16_fPCRys

or click this link then the video if you want to hear it with the music

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/19006013

I'm suddenly really looking forward to the opening ceremony.

An unexpected wave of excitement suddenly hit me around tea time and now I'm finding myself clock watching :shock::unsure::D:D

I hope everyone who is still part of the 'act' tonight, from the tiny little school kids to the grown ups, has a great time :D

I'm actually enjoying it.

Mrs algy who rarely raises any interest in what is on TV was absolutely enthralled by the whole of the BBC presentation of the opening ceremony and is totally disgusted at my lack of interest in the occasion, so reluctantly I sat down for a few minutes to see part of the pageant and I must admit it looked splendid so I have recorded the replay on BBC3 Freeview from 0600 to 0830 hrs in the morning and probably watch it sometime tomorrow.

My only criticism is that announcements were firstly made in French. Anyone know why?

Apart from that, (only watched from 9pm), I was surprised by the ceremony. Not bad for a little island. Can't have been too bad as the athletes seemed to enjoy it.

Having said that, WHY bring Ali into it. I feel sad for the guy the way they roll him out. Not good imo.

Thought the ceremony was absoloootely great until Ken Dodds love child turned up. I had to leave the room and empty the dish washer !

Watched the rerun on BBC3 this morning and as you say Boris, brilliant! until that excuse for a Merseysider Sir Plonker McCrapnie came on, he was a complete embarrassment to himself and the British nation, whoever allowed him to perform should be shot. :roll:

It was surreal and good I thought! Definitely nothing ever like it that I have seen. Loved the stunt with James Bond and the Queen. :P:mrgreen:

As for Beatles comments on here - Yes he is old and I always preferred John Lennon. 8)