Pre-season friendlies

theinsider

What a ridiculous question. But should I really be that surprised given the originator, er no. :evil:

At least I woke someone from their slumber - by your name I presume you are Editor of the match day programme? - can you enlighten us with the exciting list of pre-season friendlies?

You have got to agree they were thin on the ground last season with little quality resulting in a very poor start - or I am I being totally unjust or unreasonable?

At least I woke someone from their slumber - by your name I presume you are Editor of the match day programme? - can you enlighten us with the exciting list of pre-season friendlies?

You have got to agree they were thin on the ground last season with little quality resulting in a very poor start - or I am I being totally unjust or unreasonable?

No your dead right, and that's where the rot started. All this talk of winning the league and then we won one from the first six games and if memory serves right we scraped through against Prescot and Lairds before losing again!!.

Fitness and match sharpness is everything so i'm hoping to see plenty of pre-season games to hit the ground running.

Most pre-season friendlies are in the bag by now - are Warrington having any - hope they are better quality than last season - for all your sakes!

In fact it is so quiet on here you wouldn't know Warrington had a football team :blink:

Hope these meet with your approval

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/articles/13265/1/Stoke-City-in-town/Page1.html

Stoke City... :shock::blink::D:D

Is having one of a new squads first games against a team who had a fairly decent run in Europe last season really a good idea? Surely having the squad being hammered will just embarrass them?

Anyway, we should just borrow some of the Warrington Wolves players and then we could give Stoke a good game...

"Premiership Side Top The Cantilever Park Pre-Season Bill... So Far". Why do I have a funny feeling that this means some point this week we'll also get a friendly announced against Everton? :unsure:

Anyway, can't wait until this game :)

Stoke City... :shock::blink::D:D

Is having one of a new squads first games against a team who had a fairly decent run in Europe last season really a good idea? Surely having the squad being hammered will just embarrass them?

Anyway, we should just borrow some of the Warrington Wolves players and then we could give Stoke a good game...

"Premiership Side Top The Cantilever Park Pre-Season Bill... So Far". Why do I have a funny feeling that this means some point this week we'll also get a friendly announced against Everton? :unsure:

There is just no pleasing some people - I hardly think it will be their first team - may be a couple of names and their reserve/youth team. Exactly the calibre of side Warrington should be playing if they want any chance of promotion.

Or may be the club should stick with Moore United and Irlam like last season! :oops:

• Downvote 1

There is just no pleasing some people - I hardly think it will be their first team - may be a couple of names and their reserve/youth team. Exactly the calibre of side Warrington should be playing if they want any chance of promotion.

Or may be the club should stick with Moore United and Irlam like last season! :oops:

Where did I say I wasn't pleased mate? :unsure:

I know it will just be their fringe players and youth players, but I'm still very happy we're playing against such a good team.

Where did I say I wasn't pleased mate? :unsure:

I know it will just be their fringe players and youth players, but I'm still very happy we're playing against such a good team.

"Is having one of a new squads first games against a team who had a fairly decent run in Europe last season really a good idea? Surely having the squad being hammered will just embarrass them?"

You don't sound exactly thrilled by the above statement you made! :roll:

"Is having one of a new squads first games against a team who had a fairly decent run in Europe last season really a good idea? Surely having the squad being hammered will just embarrass them?"

You don't sound exactly thrilled by the above statement you made! :roll:

Thats more of a side-thought to be honest. It is a great chance for the club to get a few more people to the ground to make money, make a bit of a name for ourselves and it is also great as a fan to be watching us play against last seasons FA Cup Finalists who also did quite well in Europe this season.

I apologise if my post made the wrong impression before :)

• 2 weeks later...

The pre-season game with Stoke City has now been moved to Thursday 19th July.

Full pre-season fixture line up to date is as follows:

Tues 17th July - Formby - Home - 7:30pm KO

Thurs 19th July - Stoke City XI - Home - 7:30pm KO

Tues 24th July - Marine - Home - 7:30pm KO

Sat 28th July - Ashton United - Home - 3:00pm KO

Sat 4th August - Crewe United (Northern Ireland) - Home - KO TBC

Tues 7th August - Colwyn Bay - Home - 7:30pm KO

Sat 18th August - Evo-Stik NPL First Division North Season Starts

Look forward to seeing you all at the fortress

The pre-season game with Stoke City has now been moved to Thursday 19th July.

Full pre-season fixture line up to date is as follows:

Sat 4th August - Crewe United (Northern Ireland) - Home - KO TBC

Look forward to seeing you all at the fortress

Can you confirm the squad Stoke are sending? I hear the first team squad are touring America at that date?

• 2 weeks later...

Two more pre-season games against Barrow & Glossop North End have been added.

The full pre-season fixture list now looks like this:

Mon 16th July - Barrow AFC - Home - 7:30pm KO

Mon 30th July - Glossop North End - Home - 7:45pm KO

Sat 4th August - Crewe United (Northern Ireland) - Home - 3:00pm KO

The Evo-Stik NPL fixtures will be released in mid July.

Just a small point, but 3 games in 4 days? (16/7 - 19/7 indeed 2 in 2 - 16/7 & 17/7) and 6 in 14 days (16/7 - 30/7) seems a bit much. Rotation is bound to be the order of the day no doubt? Will the pitch take it also?

Sorry to say it but especially the mid week games, will be picking the better opposition rather than attending the lot.

Just a small point, but 3 games in 4 days? (16/7 - 19/7 indeed 2 in 2 - 16/7 & 17/7) and 6 in 14 days (16/7 - 30/7) seems a bit much. Rotation is bound to be the order of the day no doubt? Will the pitch take it also?

Sorry to say it but especially the mid week games, will be picking the better opposition rather than attending the lot.

I understand that there are more players than the required amount, so a bit like England, they have to whittle the numbers down. Playing must be the best way to do that, I would have thought.

After last season's shocking pre-season I think the club may have panicked a bit and over done it on the number of home pre-season friendlies - and how come no one has invited Warrington to play any where?

Thought Warrington were meant to have the best travelling away support in the league - yet no one wants them?

The pitch is going to be knackered before the league season kicks off.

:oops:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

After last season's shocking pre-season I think the club may have panicked a bit and over done it on the number of home pre-season friendlies - and how come no one has invited Warrington to play any where?

Thought Warrington were meant to have the best travelling away support in the league - yet no one wants them?

The pitch is going to be knackered before the league season kicks off.

:oops:

WE'RE DOOMED!!!!!!

Stop whingeing.

Why should pre-season friendly opposition teams worry about supporters? Surely, it is a test of a teams readiness for the forthcoming season.

Perhaps Warrington have been invited to play elsewhere. Only the Manager can answer that.

As for the pitch, if it is that bad in the summer, perhaps relaying it is a PRIORITY. :roll:

...Are you serious? :unsure:

Would a team really be bothered about a maximum of 30 away fans turning up for a friendly? What trouble have we caused to make them not want us (as you are suggesting)? Why would people organise a friendly just because of away fans?

I highly doubt our fans have had any impact on who we play in friendlies.