Roman Themed Fun Day = Saturday 26th May

Dizzy

As reported on Warrington Worldwide News Pages today :D

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/articles/13240/1/Romans-are-back-in-town/Page1.html

Sounds like fun and as we all know Wilderspool and Stockton Heath have a vast and facinating Roman History surrounding them. :D

I might take some of my photo's along and also my cobble from the local main Roman Road ... or would that make me appear to be similar to a 'train spotter' :oops::lol:

As reported on Warrington Worldwide News Pages today :D

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/articles/13240/1/Romans-are-back-in-town/Page1.html

Sounds like fun and as we all know Wilderspool and Stockton Heath have a vast and facinating Roman History surrounding them. :D

I might take some of my photo's along and also my cobble from the local main Roman Road ... or would that make me appear to be similar to a 'train spotter' :oops::lol:

At thr risk of being labelled a fellow "train spotter" (or chariot spotter?) place names can give often give a clue to such things as roman road routes, among other things.

In this case Stretton - meaning Farmstead or village (tun) on a roman road (straet)

Make fun if you wish but I know where it came from and it IS a cobble from the Roman Road that passes through Stockton Heath... so SOD OFF :P

May the Goddess Minerva blow grit in your eyes so that you cannot see and learn from those who are trying to educate you.... and may the black cat pee on your summer flowers so that they may wither and turn yellow in the sun 8):lol:

:lol::lol:

Fugs... Where is the fun day as news report says Causeway Park but I'm confused as to where that is ? I thought CP was the field behind the vets on Wilderspool but google maps shows it much further up Wilderspool somewhere between the old rugby stadium and Palatine Industrial Estate.

I'm lost and I've not even set foot out of the house yet :oops::lol:

:lol::lol: Fugs... Where is the fun day as news report says Causeway Park but I'm confused as to where that is ? I thought CP was the field behind the vets on Wilderspool but google maps shows it much further up Wilderspool somewhere between the old rugby stadium and Palatine Industrial Estate. I'm lost and I've not even set foot out of the house yet :oops::lol:

Dizzy, you are right, it is the one behind the vets. You can enter on foot from Gainsborough Road near the traffic lights.

Conjures up images of a pebble on a lead.

Scorching weather here for the last few days btw, just like midsummer. I’ve been out in the garden all day, tee shirt off and now I’m brown all over. Just lucky she wanted the shed painting brown and not green. :mrgreen:

BBQ made its annual appearance at teatime but forgot the sausages and it’s not really BBQ without burnt bangers. Fed up of drinking so much coke so just contemplating taking a walk down to the local pub for a nice cold pint of larger. :P

Bill :)

IT'S NOT JUST A PEBBLE IT'S ROMAN ONE!!!!

So stop taking the mickey out of my genuine 'cobble' from the actual Roman Road that passes though Stockton Heath Cleo. :P:lol:

Just remember how many roman centurians feet may have passed over it, aswell as all the other roman beings of the time, and how they all may well be 'not amused' by your indifference and lack of respect for where they once walked, lived and left their mark :P

I might upload some pics of the actual Roman Road and other roman things found around here later just to amaze you now I've finally got my pc working again (well it's working for now anyway after 2 days of fixing) :unsure:

Sadly after asking where the event was yesterday due to an sudden and unexpected pc disaster I didn't get to it after all... or the family history event... or to sit in the sun blah blah blah so I'm a little peeved but never mind :(

Bill.... We had a bbq the other day that sounds pretty much like yours. :lol: Ours had cremated burgers although in our case the sausages seemed undercoked and were rather chewey. The salad was ok though :lol:

Keep away from that coke though and sick to alcohol. Far too much caffine in coke and it can give you a bad head and other bodily oddities including the shakes, tingling, weakness, numb limbs and blurred vision.

I'm not joking by the way B):D