Queen's visit to Warrington a whole 40 minutes - wow, well worth the effort and expense!

Who is 'old moley' ? :unsure:

I presume the young chap is referring to Oliver Cromwell, Dizz. :unsure:

I'm not sure where he obtained his information regarding the covering of "Olly" but I think he should refrain from posting such drivel until he has been to his local Library and read a couple of books on the conflict between the Royalists and Parliamentarians known quite commonly as the Civil War of 1642 - 1645/6 :roll:

I don't think I'll be going to here any time soon, and not just because the coffee's rubbish :)

From the BBC

"A royalist County Durham tearoom owner told how she threw three women out after they refused to stand when the national anthem was played.

Anita Atkinson opened Royal Teas in Stanhope in time for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee and to display some of her huge collection of memorabilia.....

.....Ms Atkinson said: "It's meant to be funny and it's a little quirky part of the tearoom that we have got.

"At 3 o'clock every day we play the national anthem and we expect people to stand.

"It tells you that in the legend on the menu. The whole thing is just a bit of British eccentricity.

"But these three ladies vociferously refused to stand and made it known that they were anti-monarchist, so God only knows why they came into the tearoom in the first place. So I threw them out."

She said she believed the trio had been surprised to be thrown out.

"They told me my coffee was rubbish but it is a tearoom so I don't care."

Ms Atkinson's collection of royal memorabilia runs to thousands of items.

The toilets in the tearoom have been turned into thrones and there are cardboard cut-outs of members of the Royal Family along with many other pieces."

Better reply than mine! :blink:

Morning twopence! good to be alive, the old 'currant bun' is shining in a clear blue sky , birds are singing their little hearts out and mrs algy is wittering on about wanting a cup of 'rosey lee', makes one feel like bursting into song;

I have to agree with the tea-shop owner when she asks why they went in there in the first place.:roll:

Tricky one that - but,as a guess, off the top of my head - for a cup of coffee perhaps :rolleyes::wink::)

As the owner who runs the place says in another BBC article

"Anita explained that people come to the Royal Tearoom "in their hordes" not just because of the theme, but because of the natural beauty of the area. "

Even if they were aware of the place's quirks they may not have been aware that the owner was completely serious,believing it was a bit of fun, and would throw out any conventions of hospitality and be so vile to three female pensioners.

(I, of course, wouldn't suggest that the whole incident was made up to get a bit of free publicity for her kitsch little business, which if tne three victims are to be believed has loiusy coffee )

By that argument, Nick I am perfectly justified in going into one of the Bridge Street pubs and creating trouble because they won't serve me real ale instead of frozen "pop". I know the clientele they cater for and good luck to them, but that means I steer clear, even when in that area.

How come most Jubilee street parties are planned for the bank holiday weekend (2nd-4th June) but Warrington decide on the 9th? :unsure: :unsure:

This will answer your question Wolfie :wink:(do you not read the news pages :P )

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/articles/13259/1/Patriotic-towns-81-street-parties/Page1.html

By that argument, Nick I am perfectly justified in going into one of the Bridge Street pubs and creating trouble because they won't serve me real ale instead of frozen "pop". I know the clientele they cater for and good luck to them, but that means I steer clear, even when in that area.

No, it's more like going into a pub for a pint and then being thrown out for refusing to do a Lady Gaga number on the karaoke. Just because others are willing to do daft bloody things doesn't mean everyone should have to.

(I think the only one causing trouble was the owner being awful to her paying customers)

Can't wait to see the 'Giant Queens' :roll: :roll:

:lol::lol: There's something about that statement that makes you sound a little odd Wolfie. :lol::wink:

I wonder if the adverts at the top will start changing from girlies to 'boy girlies' now ? B)