Queen's visit to Warrington a whole 40 minutes - wow, well worth the effort and expense!

You'd lose. The only way I'll see any coverage is if they show , what I imagine will be a 5 to 10 clip, at most, while I'm watching regional news - I certainly won't tune in specially.

You'll see plenty of coverage on here!:wink:

You'll see plenty of coverage on here!:wink:

Good and I;m looking forward to seeing your coverage. Wonder if you will be allowed a personal interview and video opportunity :D

Sadly I can't go I've got a dentist appointment and if I don't go I loose my NHS dentist place... you'd think they'd let me off for the Queens visit. Maybe I should email HM and she could have a word with them :D

PS..... DO NOT CHANGE THIS TOPIC TO NHS OR DENTISTS AS I WILL DELETE YOUR POSTS :P

I must admit I do agree with a tiny weeny little bit of what Nick and Lt K say as I thought she would have been in Warrington for longer than 40 minutes.

It's a great pitty that she is not here for longer and only visiting the one place. I presumed there would be a specific route that she would travel along on a few roads on the outer stretches of Warrington centre so that people could see her (even if only passing through in her car for a wave) nearer to where they live.

The Orford Park building is out of town and hard from many people from the other sides of town to get to especially the elderly.

No good trying to get to Orford Park by car as it says there will be no parking anywhere and here's hoping Winwick Road is not at a complete stand still again like it was last week as the spcial shuttle busses would be standing still too.

Are schools closed on Thursday by the way ?

Anway other than the fact that I hoped she would be here for a little longer and spread out a little futher the only other thing to say is..

"OFF WITH NICK AND LT'S HEADS" :roll::P

I dance round the maypole every year in Knutsford and have done for many years now...... care to come and join us?

Oh dear... that your manly street cred gone now Baz (if you had any of course before mentioning that).

God save the Queen and all who dance with ribbons, plimsoles, little hats, long socks and oversized shirts :lol::P

:blink: Do come along now Dizzy. Her Gracious Majesty is 86 years old and packing so much into one day. She will be coming to Warrington from visiting Chester and the zoo. Then from Warrington to Liverpool and who knows where after that. It's a hell of a schedule and a lot of travel for someone touching 90 (Incidently the duke, who will be accompanying her is already 90). Many people much younger (60/70) find it such a strain just getting out of bed let alone contemplating such a heavy agenda.

So anyone who said it was worth the expense because it was such great publicity for Warrington and would improve the image of the town, wrong!! :roll:

At least Terry O'Neill had a nice day out!

I don't think so Nick, I believe complete coverage of her visits are featured on one of the major TV channels over the weekend, probably the 'BeeB' :wink::D :grin:

I don't think so Nick, I believe complete coverage of her visits are featured on one of the major TV channels over the weekend, probably the 'BeeB' :wink::D :grin:

Sunday 4.20 BBC1 :wink:

Yesterday's NW tour was on the BBC news yesterday and Warrington was mentioned but not actually covered like Liverpool and Chester Zoo visit. ITN news was the same. That's not very fair is it, but maybe it was because she was inside a building here rather than out and about :unsure:

Sunday 4.20 BBC1 :wink:

Yesterday's NW tour was on the BBC news yesterday and Warrington was mentioned but not actually covered like Liverpool and Chester Zoo visit. ITN news was the same. That's not very fair is it, but maybe it was because she was inside a building here rather than out and about :unsure:

Thanks for the info Dizz. :wink:

It wasn't her that stole the plaque ,was it? funny how it happened on the day.......

Happy days

The plaque went missing about a fortnight ago - was report on here earlier this week and is now worldwide news literally!:roll:

Her Majesty would not be amused!:wink:

Looks like it was a great occasion for Warrington. My sister said that Her Gracious Majesty spoke to her. She was over the moon. My only regret was not being there to witness the visit. :D

What did she say was it

"What are you doing in here? - Guards remove this person from this ladies facility - it is reserved for our personal use" :blink::D

it was pointless we should not have a royal family she does nothing for the country she lives in an over sized council house and has no say what so ever the only time she has power is in a) state of emergency and B) when parliament is not sitting and also i heard we covered up the statue of old moley when she came why?!?!?