Congratulations

Woody

Congratulations to all Chris, Danny and all the lads of Warrington Town Youth Team, who today defeated FC United of Manchester 4-1 in the Neil Thomason Cup Final at Salford City FC. My spy at Moor Lane, tells me that we were excellent today, especially in the second half. The youngsters, some of whom have represented the first team this season, are a credit to the club, especially as many of the team are a year under age, which promisesanother great season next year once again. Next season, try and get along and support these lads on a Sunday afternoon, they really appreciate everyones support, and play some excellent football. Well done again

Fantastic performance against an FC United team which won the league last year and have made three finals this season and clealry a very strong side.

Great team performance and could have easily been 6 or 7 -1 in the end.

Well done to Chris, Danny and the team.

The future's bright the future is yellow!

Great support for the team today as well - so thank you to all those fans who turned out.

I heard about the after match happenings from my spy and reading the match report on their website, it reports they had FIVE players sent off for what occured after the final whistle and the club made clear that what happened had no place in the game, which is to their credit. I hope the league take action against the club and that Town can be exonerated in the whole matter

I heard about the after match happenings from my spy and reading the match report on their website, it reports they had FIVE players sent off for what occured after the final whistle and the club made clear that what happened had no place in the game, which is to their credit. I hope the league take action against the club and that Town can be exonerated in the whole matter

I think the fact that no Warrington Town players were sent off or even booked after the final whistle is exoneration enough.

What happened after the game with the 5 sendings off?

I am surprised FCUM's youth team couldn't beat ours. Just a one-off :wink:

We beat them in the league five weeks ago as well.

If you had been at the game you would have seen what happened!:wink:

6-3 & 4-1 wins are hardly one off's.

And in my opinion we were unlucky to lose against them early in the season... we have come a long way since then!

Chatting to one of the FCUM supporters revealed that all but 4 of their squad on the day would be leaving at the end of this year having reached 18... almost exactly the opposite of the Town team who will probably only be losing about 4.

FCUM youth were clearly a well supported team, they looked very impressive coming out in their matching track suits and training gear.... I'll take results on the pitch over "bling" but it would be nice for our team to be able to arrive at these events looking more like a team 8)

to be fair, we did turn up in suits whereas they turned up in tracksuits so we looked smarter and 'more of a team'

Absolutely agree on the suits, very smart... I was hinting that someone might like to "sponsor" a set of tracksuits and training kit for the team to use on match days :wink:

• Upvote 1