Breakfast stress.

algy

A wife was making a breakfast of fried eggs for her husband. Suddenly, her husband burst into the kitchen. 'Careful,' he said, 'CAREFUL! Put in some more butter! Oh my gosh! You're cooking too many at once. TOO MANY! Turn them! TURN THEM NOW! We need more butter. Oh my gosh! WHERE are we going to get MORE BUTTER? They're going to STICK! Careful. CAREFUL! I said be CAREFUL! You NEVER listen to me when you're cooking! Never! Turn them! Hurry up! Are you CRAZY? Have you LOST your mind? Don't forget to salt them. You know you always forget to salt them. Use the! Salt. USE THE SALT! THE SALT!' The wife stared at him. 'What in the world is wrong with you?You think I don't know how to fry a couple of eggs?' The husband calmly replied, 'I just wanted to show you what it feels like when I'm driving.'

To be honest I wouldn't know, but if so why ask someone the question, perhaps Mary could tell us, that's if she is watching. :unsure:

I am asking the question because I want to know if my norm is the same as other people's norms. If you don't like the question ignore it. We don't call it sunny side up we call it a fried egg.

The rule for restaurants over here(north America) is you can not serve "Sunnyside up" because it's not cooked on one side I guess it's the salmonella problem.So they have to serve it "Over easy" is that the same in the UK.

I've always turned my fried eggs over when cooking them. Daft really as I drank many a raw egg whisked into cold milk years ago and they never did me any harm nor did scraping the bowl as a kid when my mum was baking. All raw ingredients and still never any problem.

Great joke by the way Algy, and that's what I'm like when someone else is driving. My other half and my son often call me 'Hyacinthe' or 'Mrs Bucket' if we go out for a drive anywhere :oops::lol: