City/united

Lt Kije

How much has it cost United over the years to keep it, everyone who wins it buys it one way or another.

Here you go... I found this on the web. It is a breakdown of how much each premiership point has cost the owners since they bought their respective clubs (This was carried out last season by the way!)

Liverpool

Since October 15 2010, Liverpool FC has been owned by Fenway Sports Group (which in turn is owned by American, John W Henry). Fenway paid £300m for the club, and have spent a further £144m on it in the interim, resulting in a total spending figure of £444m. In the short time period since this ownership began, Liverpool have scored 59 Premier League points making Fenway’s cost per point £7,525,423.73.

Manchester City

Sheikh Mansour became the owner of the Manchester City football club on September 23 2008, paying £210m to take control of the club. Since then he’s poured £793m into the club, bringing his total spending to a staggering £1.003 billion. Since then, City have notched up a total of 188 premier league points, meaning Mansour has paid the grand sum of £5,335,106.38 for every league point.

Manchester United

US billionaire Malcolm Glazer controversially bought Manchester United for £790m in May 2005. Since then he has invested nothing in the club, the funds for transfers being self-generating. Yet Manchester United has gone on to win 523 League points, resulting in a total expenditure of £1,510,516.25 for every point.

Chelsea

Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich bought Chelsea for £140m in June 2003 and has since spent £816.5m on the club, bringing his total expenditure to £956.5m. In the eight years since the transaction took place, Chelsea have won 680 Premier League points resulting in a total cost of £1,406,617.65 for every point.

Everton

Everton chairman Bill Kenwright paid a relatively small £20m for the club. Since he became majority shareholder in 2004, the Toffees have earned 415 League points. That works out at the cheapest price per point in the 2010/11 top 10 Premier League clubs: just £48,192.77.

I wonder who united will be buying in te summer in order to buy it back from city, I f you have an established team it stands to reason you spend less as you only replace one or two players, when starting from scratch you have to spend more. Over the years united have bought it, as I said every club has to. :wink:

I wonder who united will be buying in te summer in order to buy it back from city, I f you have an established team it stands to reason you spend less as you only replace one or two players, when starting from scratch you have to spend more. Over the years united have bought it, as I said every club has to. :wink:

It will be more interesting to see who City buy, now that they have an 'established' team :roll:

United were a hairs breadth away from the 20th title Kije..... and that was with a team including Giggs and Scholes.... They will come back and win it next year.

On another note, I think Liverpool may be looking for another manager from what I heard on the radio tonight.

Both Giggs and Scholes are brilliant players, non of have got a full 90 minutes in them sadly, but how do you go about replacing players with that much talent and the brains to use that talent, When Man united were the richest club, no United fan was complaining, now they no longer are, the cat calls from United fans saying it was bought is frankly pathetic.

When Man united were the richest club, no United fan was complaining, now they no longer are, the cat calls from United fans saying it was bought is frankly pathetic.

So which United fans are saying it was bought Lt?? :unsure: :unsure:

And then compare it to those who have congratulated City on winning it.

Wolfe, I am well aware, that yourself and a few others have not, you don't have to go back that many posts to find out who is. Changing the subject slightly, who do you think United could get to replace Giggs and Scholes, I know they are staying on, but I doubt they have a full 90 mins in them. Both have been brilliant for United, It is bad luck to have 2 players of their skill level coming towards the end of their careers.

Not sure Giggs will be as difficult to replace as Scholes. However, the real talent isn't available otherwise Scholes would have been replaced last year.

Add to that the fact that players and their agents will normally try and get the highest wage they can, then only the teams who are prepared to pay the high wages are in with a shout.

Man City's wage bill last year was £21m higher than the clubs entire turnover, but still less than Chelsea's wage bill and miles behind Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Out of interest Man United are not even in the top 10. Arsenal are not in the top 20.

I agree, Scholes will be harder to replace, their are not many will his skill or more importantly his brain around. And if you can find someone you will have to compete with Barca, City and Madrid to get him, I do think your American owners are going to have to splash the cash big time this time around, It has been along time sinse the cupboard was bare at United, another season with nothing and the already large anti Glazeir lobby of United fans will grow drastically. And lack of success might lead to players you already have putting in to leave, Good players want to play with other good players and teams that are winning trophies. As I said in an earlier post it is unfortunate for United that they have 2 World class players at the end of their careers at the same time, both I think irreplaceable.

Fugs

I was not referring to your post :wink: