City/united

Lt Kije

Well stuffed, Sr'Alex sent the wrong team out and paid for it.It would have looked good if it had worked but it just made him look as if he had lost the plot. He should have played 3-4-3 and aimed to score more than City. Leaving out Valencia was the major mistake.

Smalling Jones Ferdinand

Valencia Carrick Scholes Young

Hernandez Rooney Wellbeck

If they finish second having been an average team ALL season ain't that bad. I'm sure the poo would have been happy to do that. Even finishing above Everton would be a bonus for them.

And to criticise the behaviour of the managers and then gloat seems a tad immature imo.

I assume Fergie was attempting to surprise Mancini and go for big game experience by dropping Valencia and Welbeck for Park and Giggs (Who have lost the previous 5 games when started together), and that didn't really work.

Should have been:

De Gea

Jones - Smalling - Ferdinand - Evra

Valencia - Carrick - Rooney - Scholes - Nani

Welbeck

Boost the midfield and use the 2 in-form wingers.

I assume Fergie was attempting to surprise Mancini and go for big game experience by dropping Valencia and Welbeck for Park and Giggs (Who have lost the previous 5 games when started together), and that didn't really work.

Should have been:

De Gea

Jones - Smalling - Ferdinand - Evra

Valencia - Carrick - Rooney - Scholes - Nani

Welbeck

Boost the midfield and use the 2 in-form wingers.

Pity Liverpool couldn't borrow them!. It was a pathetic display last night, Fulham played them off the park. :roll:

Pity Liverpool couldn't borrow them!. It was a pathetic display last night, Fulham played them off the park. :roll:

Algy, by reports in the paper, Liverpool made 9 changes from the team that beat Norwich. Even if they had won, it is impossible for them to finish higher than 7th in the league although they could finish as low as 14th if they don't win the last 2 games.

Do you honestly believe that any Liverpool fan was bothered about last nights result? :unsure: The fact that only 40000 fans turned up was proof if any of a lack of interest.

Apologies Eagle, for discussing the smaller clubs :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome last day with so much at stake. City deserved it over the season and it was a bonus for United to finish second after not really hitting form but getting results. A bit ironic that City clinched it in 'Fergie time'. :wink:

QPR made a good fist of it, I am sorry for Bolton but thay lost it over the season not just today. Pleased for Wigan.

Perhaps too many of United's young stars believed that all they had to do was to don the red shirt. Too many of them failed after the adrenalin no longer worked.

Spot on. Expecting easy games against the likes of Blackburn or Wigan and messing up there cost us. Also the penalty decision against us against Newcastle in November cost us another 2 points.

-----------------------------

People are forgetting that if you take away the 2 derby games, United would actually be 4 points clear, and the title was only decided by Goal difference.

I am not saying I don't think City deserve it though.

Complacency is what cost us, expecting to beat the easy teams like I have already mentioned. This is also what cost us in the European competitions.

City have an amazing squad, but I personally feel that Mancini is quite overrated and arrogant. I thought Tevez/Balotelli wouldn't play again for Man City? The fact that Ferguson could keep this current squad (apparently his worst) up with the best ever City squad and their rich Arabs says quite a lot about United and about Mancini. Mancini clearly was bottling it towards the end of the season, his mind games were transparent and wooden (Clearly aimed at exploiting our complacency) and he clearly can't stick to his decisions. He clearly panicked whenever stuff wasn't going his way too.

But apart from that, City have probably been the better team, very slightly and do deserve this.