WOOHOOOOOOO

Mary

My mother was born British and came over here as a teen (during the war)- I was also lucky enough to live in England for 4 years (dad was at Croughton RAF).

If only I could I would go back, I know people say I am crazy but I love it there - its where my heart has always been. :wink:

Oh but Mary things have deteriorated so much in the UK. I have travelled extensively in my lifetime and was always happy to be back home in the UK, there's no place like home and all that, but the last time I returned to UK was so shocked to find that we had been burgled, for the second time in six months. The last time we turned around and came back here, vowing never again to set foot in the UK.

I asked if you were british because I see your photo and sense a british link even though you are living in the US.

Oh but Mary things have deteriorated so much in the UK. I have travelled extensively in my lifetime and was always happy to be back home in the UK, there's no place like home and all that, but the last time I returned to UK was so shocked to find that we had been burgled, for the second time in six months. The last time we turned around and came back here, vowing never again to set foot in the UK.

I asked if you were british because I see your photo and sense a british link even though you are living in the US.

Cleo is right Mary, the island is not as you would have remembered it, I'm sure you would enjoy an extended visit, but the place and people have changed, to me the warmth in attitude has long since disappeared, everyone seems so preoccupied with their own existence, don't get me wrong there are still individuals that are caring, however they are few and far between, there is a saying amongst the older generation, "you never used to lock your door if you 'nipped' out to the local shop or went in a neighbours house" not so nowadays, everyone who has any sense has 'deadlocks' on their doors and security alarms, probably the same in the 'States'. Great to see you back though Mary. :)

Algy

Mary has been back to the UK in recent years and it was really good to meet up and chat face to face. I know on a short holiday your not going to see things in quite the same way as those who live their lives here but I’d like to think that Mary went away with a good, albeit somewhat changed image of our town.

Bill :)