Supporting bankrupt clubs

wolfie

Good to see Widnes chairman Steve O'Connor donating £10,000 of his own money to boost the survival hopes of Super League rivals Bradford, and donate free tickets for tomorrows match with Widnes, but other chairmen say that clubs in financial difficulty should not be supported and that there are too many teams in Super League already. Who's right?

Clubs in financial difficulty should not be supported.

Something I agree with you on Eagle :shock:

Clubs get into financial difficulty chasing the dream spending money they haven't got and not paying their tax dues which ends up costing all tax payers more!

They had bumper crowds for years on the back of being very successful so where's the cash gone ? They recently sold the only asset they have, the stadium, so naturally banks won't loan the money without security and who can blame them ? Their chairman said the other day they are cash poor but asset rich so now they have no stadium just what are these assets ?

If the Bulls hadn't sold their stake in Odsal to the RFL, then that stake could have been sold by the administrator to someone who wanted to use Odsal for anything but a sports stadium. All those who criticised the Bulls and the RFL for making that deal should be aware of what could have happened if that deal hadn't been done. At least now the stadium is safe.

Bradford are one of the heartland clubs that form the bedrock of our sport if they went to the wall I fear it would be the begining of the end(domino theory) for our game as we now know it.

I can't understand how they got into this mess after years of great crowds and success,but it makes me wonder just how London are surviving on gates of less than 2,000 ??? I can't help but think that they are(somehow)getting more help than we are allowed to know about dry.gif

It was Hull K R chairman Neil Hudgell who recently stated

“Very simply we continue to build on foundations of sand. 

And he has slammed the RFL for their attitude, blaming them for chasing expansion while ignoring the problems that already exist.

It was Hull K R chairman Neil Hudgell who recently stated

“Very simply we continue to build on foundations of sand. 

And he has slammed the RFL for their attitude, blaming them for chasing expansion while ignoring the problems that already exist.

Hang on a minute. Neil Hudgell and Eamonn McManus, the two shouting the most, are actually part of SL, who voted in most of the things they are now moaning about.