We are all about to be watched

Lt Kije

To be honest Bill, I can not make my mind up if I am for it, or against it, I have no problem with them doing it to track terrorists , I do not go anywhere I should not go on the Internet, but I will be honest, it does not sit comfortably with me that someone somewhere can monitor my every move on the Internet.

What Wolfie said :wink:

On principle I am against it, however in practice I couldn't care less. I think you will find it will be selective ie. suspected terrorist, child molesters,etc., and let's face it, and quite rightly the powers that be, can do that now it just legalises the process. If you aint' done nuthin' wrong you aint' got nuthin' to worry about! :wink:

On balance, I think it is for the common good. Evidence gathering in serious cases is too often hampered. The move will interfere with our civil liberties a tad, but the internet is used in all kinds of nefarious ways and the government must keep up with the game. (sadly).

Of a more minor nature, if it helps tone down some of the twittering it will be no bad thing.

Happy days

I thought it was an April Fools joke at first too Bill but like you say it seems not :unsure::oops:

I don't particularly agree with it as what I choose to do, what I look at on the internet, who I talk and about what in my own time is my business and not theirs.

But like already said..... I too have nothing to hide and am not upto anything so if they wast to bore themselves rigid monitoring all my posts, texts, emails and search engine 'findings' and 'hits' then more fool them :lol:

What happens though if I (or any other person) uses certain hot key words or views a certain sites though or discusses certain topics on forums like we all do ... would we then be on the 'to watch list' <_<

I've googled and viewed all sorts of things in the past including government, terrorism, 9/11, burning of the kuran, war, afganistan, gadaffi, muslim (and others) beliefs and suicide bombers and god knows what else so maybe I am already being watched.

God help them if they have tracked me for the past 12 hours though... but if they have managed to sus out my family tree associations can they let me know asap PLEASE :D:lol:

Like David Davis (Tory MP) said on the News tonight: there's simply no need for blanket surveillance; the existing law allows for a phone/comms tap application in cases of suspect surveillance; only prob is, it's not allowed in court! IF we allow this, we are no better (no more free) than any totalitarian State. :shock:

Not all the time Asp, when Labout had to spend all our money and more when the World got into trouble, the Tories voted in favour of it as well. :wink:

Labour didn't have to spend all our money and more, in fact they couldn't because they had already spent all our money and more. And don't think I'm defending this shower of charlatans either, all our present day politicians are tarred with the same brush as self seeking con merchants and we will be well rid of them :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: