Supporters club

burgerman

Hi Everyone

This is aimed at all supporters of Warrington Town.

We are looking to increase the number of membership in the supporters club,

the supporters club main aim is to raise funds to assit the club anyway we can. over the years the supporters club has raised thousands of pounds to pay for players wages and various other things over the years.

What incentives would you like to see to join,

Also what activties would you want to see the supporters club do.

we are planning to try and arrange more guest speakers, such as the directors and the new manager.

There is a large section of the supporters club who have realised that the meetings have driven many people away as we talk about the same issues everytime.

any feedback would be great, a strong united supporters group will be able to assit much better a strong football club

I think a regular fans forum would be good and I would assist in the way of trying to provide guest speakers.

I think you should also try and get back to monthly meetings because if you are only every other month and someone misses one it is a long time in between drinks!

Discounts and decent prices for the away game supporters coaches would be a nice way to get people to join. :wink:

I would join, but there doesn't seem to be any benefits or reason for me to join, at the moment. :|

Why should there be benefits of watching your town's football club?

The benefit is coming to watch games and getting behind everything it does.

Discounts and decent prices for the away game supporters coaches would be a nice way to get people to join. :wink:

I would join, but there doesn't seem to be any benefits or reason for me to join, at the moment. :|

WW97. The main focus of the supporters club is to raise funds for the club, not detract them. Personally from what I`ve read when the club do run a coach to an away game the pricing always seems very reasonable. I dont use it myself as prefer to get off after the match rather than hang around waiting for the team.

I go to most away matches, if your ever stuck for a lift drop me a pm.

BR

Ian

sure ian :wink:

your are right we do need to attract more people to the supporters club but i do agree there is no incentive :/

Surely the main incentive is to meet like minded people who want to support the club! :unsure:

I believe there is also a 10 per cent discount on merchandise from the club shop.

What other incentives are you expecting?

:unsure:

sure ian :wink:

your are right we do need to attract more people to the supporters club but i do agree there is no incentive :/

Shaz. What further incentive is required other than working with like minded people who want to see the club prosper and develop.

BR

Ian

ps Carry on and you could be in the same layby as WW97 :D

I am intending to join for the start of next season.

We need to be more proactive to get people through the door. The revamped website is helping but spreading the word is key. It would help if joining up was made easier (website? / Handouts? / Posters?), minutes / agendas listed etc so there is clarity as to what is happening / being discussed etc.

I'm sure some supporters out there have skills or contacts that can be utilised but unless they know they can help they are unlikley to come forward.

Personally from what I`ve read when the club do run a coach to an away game the pricing always seems very reasonable.

I do understand what you mean, the club needs the money and stuff :)

Thing is, spending £15+ to go to Yorkshire or Durham to watch 90 minutes of football is a bit expensive in my opinion. Including home games, it adds up to about £20+ a fortnight, which I'd rather save for myself.

I'm not saying I won't try to get to 1 or 2 away games at some point next season though. If we get another Macclesfield away sort of draw, for example.

On that subject, does anyone know what's happening about next seasons season tickets?

Burgerman, When`s the next scheduled meeting of the Supporters Club. If i can, I`ll pop along to see if I can be of any help.

BR

Ian

Hi Ian

The next meeting will be a week later than normal and be on the 11th of April starting at 7.30pm, we usually meet in the social club you cant miss us, we are usually the only people in.