Why all the surprise?

theinsider

Can't understand why there is all the surprise about Joey's departure - has anyone bothered to look at the facts this season - after three years in charge.

Results dont' lie.

Tue Aug 16 Curzon Ashton H L 0-2

Sat Aug 20 Farsley FC H L 2-5

Tue Aug 23 Skelmersdale United A L 4-1

Sat Aug 27 Ossett Town A L 1-0

Sat Sep 10 Harrogate Railway Athletic H L 0-1

Sat Sep 24 Garforth Town A 3pm L 6-0

Sat Oct 1 Bradford Park Avenue A 3pm F.A. Cup 2Q L 3-1

Tue Oct 4 Wakefield H D 2-2

Tue Oct 11 Sheffield FC H 7.45pm FA Trophy replay L 2-3

Tue Oct 25 Trafford H 7.45pm D 3-3

Tue Nov 1 Mossley A D 1-1

Tue Nov 15 Newcastle Town A 7.45pm Dootson Cup 2 L 2-0 AET

Sat Nov 19 Woodley Sports A L 2-1

Sat Dec 10 Skelmersdale H 3pm L 1-2

Mon Dec 26 Witton Albion H 3pm L 0-2

Sat Jan 7 Durham City H 3pm D 0-0

Sat Feb 18 Mossley H 3pm D 1-1

Wed Mar 7 Wakefield A 7.45pm D 2-2

Sat Mar 10 Curzon Ashton A 3pm L 2-0

Sat Mar 17 Clitheroe A 3pm L 2-0

I think your former manger was probably given too long and some boards would have fired him off at the end of August!

I haven't included the narrow wins against the likes of the mighty Prescot and co.

Look at Witton they are a team who have progressed - teams that have progressed batter the lowly teams by six goals!

Add to that no decent cup runs which are vital for funds.

Time for everyone to move on and welcome your new manager.

The squad and recent performances (EG; 12 games unbeaten) definitely showed that they have what it takes to challenge at the top next season.

I admit I see the reasoning, but I personally don't agree with the timing or the decision to sack him. However, we just need to move on and hope that next year we can rebuild the squad and challenge for promotion.

That is what was said last season. It hasn't happened. And only the players will know why.

The manager carries the can.

By changing things now, there is a few games left for the new manager to assess the players and do what is needed over the summer, to make sure that the top 6 is a definite. Anything less will be seen as failure.

The squad and recent performances (EG; 12 games unbeaten) definitely showed that they have what it takes to challenge at the top next season.

I admit I see the reasoning, but I personally don't agree with the timing or the decision to sack him. However, we just need to move on and hope that next year we can rebuild the squad and challenge for promotion.

Eleven games actually and four of them were draws!

By changing things now, there is a few games left for the new manager to assess the players and do what is needed over the summer, to make sure that the top 6 is a definite. Anything less will be seen as failure.

I suspect the board will deem anything less than top five as failure unless some silverware comes the clubs way.

Sat Sep 24 Garforth Town A 3pm L 6-0

Sat Oct 1 Bradford Park Avenue A 3pm F.A. Cup 2Q L 3-1

Tue Oct 4 Wakefield H D 2-2

Tue Oct 11 Sheffield FC H 7.45pm FA Trophy replay L 2-3

Tue Oct 25 Trafford H 7.45pm D 3-3

Tue Nov 1 Mossley A D 1-1

I think that run of games would have finished most managers off after three seasons - I think the board should be asked why they didn't act sooner! :roll: