Holes in the road- everywhere!

middlec

They have repaired some very large and deep potholes near us in the past month.

BUT the problem is that where the nice new rectangular repairs are there are STILL smaller potholes adjoining the new repair which must not have ticked the required boxes for repair themselves (ie depth etc).

Now sense tells me that these smaller areas will continue to break up and will probably result in the new repair beaking up too. :roll:

Why on earth didn't they just repair the whole damaged area in one go rather than probably having to come back again in a few months to start all over again.

Madness and a waste of time, labour and money !!!!!

As for the chap with the damaged wheel Borris... I very much doubt he will get any recompense from WBC at all.

Why on earth didn't they just repair the whole damaged area in one go rather than probably having to come back again in a few months to start all over again.

All down to cost innit

Cheaper to throw a bucket fill of tarmac into a hole and whack it down with a spade than to resurface the whole area. :mrgreen:

But they don't just throw a bucket full of tar in Obs and that's my point.

They have a man with a jack hammer (is that what they are called?) who makes a neat square or rectangle around the offending pothole and they the other team members fill it in with tar.

Why doesn't the man just cut the whole a bit bigger to include the other bits?

Ahhh I just realised .... I think I know the answer so am answering my own question in the same post (to save time and effort of having to come back again :wink: ) ... the man can probably only cut the new hole to the markings that the previous man with the depth ruler and can of white spray paint marked :blink:

I think you will find that we've been down that route already Cleo. I'd forgotten about the fun we had :lol:

There was a topic about the same issue on here in January last year which went on for a couple of months and included all the same whinges, photo's of potholes and other comments about damage to cars etc.. seems nothing was learnt though.

This was a road near me...... and of course I didn't tweak it <_<

......................Do you think I should remove the pothole shrubs now :oops:

roadplantingcopy.jpg

I have now removed the shrubs that I planted in the potholes of the road near the school .....

The local residents have come up with something better and it could be a tick in a box for 'youth and community provision' :lol:

roadgolf.jpg

I can't get myself to quote the picure Baz uploaded at the time though of the little girl and her bike.

Why don't we save our breath and refer to past topics as funnily enough I was moanimg about large potholes near the Stag then too... I wonder if they are the same ones as have just been re-repaired that I mentioned today ?

If the sun is shining tomorrow I might walk the streets around here comparing last years pics with the roads now and see how many repairs have already broken up. How sad is that :lol:

Or we might aswell just duplicate last years topics and save our fingers the trouble of saying it all again and again......

http://forum.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/index.php?/topic/5950-potholes-they-are-coming-back-again/page__st__80

Had a really sneaky thought about how to get the potholes filled in. Get one off those yellow [paint sprays and when the council bod has marked the ones to be filled in and left nip out and paint round the ones that do not fit the criteria as well. :twisted: