Holes in the road- everywhere!

middlec

Load have appeared again around here but they have been filling them this week and others are marked to be filled.

Ironically most are on the same roads and and in the same areas as the ones I uploaded pics of last year so maybe if they had fixed them properly at the time they wouldn't be having to come back and do them again now (or the new ones next to their botched repairs) :wink:

Had to laugh the other day though. It wasn't funny really I suppose but the team of workers (who didn't look like the usual ones) were cutting around the potholes neatly and a young lad was slapping piles of ?tar? in the holes and wacking it flat with a spade and then going around the edge with a paint brush with black stuff on it. Surely that wont last and I wish I had had my camera with me <_<

They reminded me of gypos. Maybe they were hence the influx that has been mentioned on other threads.

Eeeek don't take this one of topic 'cos I said that or Wolfie and Lt K will have me tarred :blink:

Back to potholes PDQ :oops:

No wonder you say there are a lot when you take two pictures of the same pothole, but from opposite sides. :roll::wink:

True !!!! Never meant to be the same, I clicked on the wrong pic for the 2nd. one. What the hell, I will leave it as it is now. My gripe was really just about how many potholes there are around the area, many never getting filled in. Bad enough for motorists, lethal for cyclists.

True !!!! Never meant to be the same, I clicked on the wrong pic for the 2nd. one. What the hell, I will leave it as it is now. My gripe was really just about how many potholes there are around the area, many never getting filled in. Bad enough for motorists, lethal for cyclists.

WBC probably work on the assumption that cyclists would be on the footpath.

IF the 20 brigade spent as much time and energy getting the potholes done, there wouldn't be any. Maybe not as important and no kudos.

Load have appeared again around here but they have been filling them this week and others are marked to be filled.

Ironically most are on the same roads and and in the same areas as the ones I uploaded pics of last year so maybe if they had fixed them properly at the time they wouldn't be having to come back and do them again now (or the new ones next to their botched repairs) :wink:

Had to laugh the other day though. It wasn't funny really I suppose but the team of workers (who didn't look like the usual ones) were cutting around the potholes neatly and a young lad was slapping piles of ?tar? in the holes and wacking it flat with a spade and then going around the edge with a paint brush with black stuff on it. Surely that wont last and I wish I had had my camera with me <_<

They reminded me of gypos. Maybe they were hence the influx that has been mentioned on other threads.

Eeeek don't take this one of topic 'cos I said that or Wolfie and Lt K will have me tarred :blink:

Back to potholes PDQ :oops:

They are supposed to put some black liquid on the bottom of the hole they a repairing as well,it is a bitumen type substance that helps to bond the new tarmac with the old.I think maybe the pothole situation is improving because we haven't had a bad winter.

As someone mentioned earlier some are lethal for cyclists.... i LOVE playing puddle roulette on my bike when it rains (god job i know most of the potholes in the sides of the road which rarely get fixed, or i would be a gonna) :rolleyes:

Another gripe i have is whoever on earth puts down the yellow lines needs shooting...they are so thick in places i can feel my tyres skidding between the two lines, and i am sure half of the glass in warrington is on the roads.The amount of punctures i have had is unreal and mega disheartening ....here's me trying to save the planet and all i get is punctures for my trouble :lol:

Reporting a pothole is easy. Just go to www.fillthathole.org.uk. This forwards the location of the pothole to the local authority, and once registered then this has to be actioned.

This service is provided to pedestrians, cyclists, motorists and motor cyclists by CTC.

• Upvote 1

If anyone happens to go down Fairfield Road towards Ackers Road (Stockton Heath) either by car or bike be careful as you come around the bad bend near to where the car went through the front of the house on the corner some years back the road is riddled with potholes all along the left hand side and a few elsewhere too.

I went down there today and none are marked and talk about a bumpy ride in the car... ouch :shock:

If anyone happens to go down Fairfield Road towards Ackers Road (Stockton Heath) either by car or bike be careful as you come around the bad bend near to where the car went through the front of the house on the corner some years back the road is riddled with potholes all along the left hand side and a few elsewhere too.

I went down there today and none are marked and talk about a bumpy ride in the car... ouch :shock:

Have you tried Specsavers? :unsure:

Ahh so that's where I am going wrong. :lol:

Do glasses make you immune to potholes or make them magically vanish and appear to have been filled in when they haven't Peter :blink:

Cool... I'll have two pairs please :D

Sorry to tell you but all those bumps you feel and the loud rattles, creaks and thuds you hear when you are driving are NOT all actually your old bones creaking and wacking together you as you move you know :P

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:25 PM

The road surfaces throughout the borough are becoming a disgrace, potholes are appearing everywhere. Little or nothing appears to be done about resurfacing. Anyone know why?

Councillor Dirir is saving the money to spend on 20 mph signs !! ??

Good point and I'm sure the cost of actually resurfacing a whole problem road would work out far cheaper than to keep having to call in contractors to fill all the new potholes which then appear at a later stange and usually right near/next to previous botched repairs. It would also be interesting to know how much it costs to repair one pothole. Anyone know ?

It just occurred to me too .....

.... when we went to the Trafford Centre yesterday using all the B roads (and an awful lot of small side roads as I kept getting lost) I didn't see any potholes at all and the road surfaces were definately a lot better than around here.

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:25 PM

The road surfaces throughout the borough are becoming a disgrace, potholes are appearing everywhere. Little or nothing appears to be done about resurfacing. Anyone know why?

Councillor Dirir is saving the money to spend on 20 mph signs !! ??

Probably make more on potholes than doing the job properly.

In America, they declare war on a country to distract from the internal problems.

Over here, they leave the potholes, so that people's minds are fixed on those.

On Saturday afternoon, I had to drive down past the Three Pigeons. I drive a small van with lots of ground clearance, but was thrown about quite a bit. This is the worst piece of road I have come across in my many years of driving, including driving on the old "setts" (what most call cobbles). Please do not try to cycle down there as you may not survive it! Car drivers avoid the road if you can as new suspension is not cheap.

keep reporting the potholes as the council actually send someone to fix most of them silly part is they only fill in if depth is certain amount and hence leave smaller holes next to fixed ones waiting for small ones to get bigger what a stoopid way of treating roads. they could fill in the smaller ones with the paint they are splashing along roads now

• 1 month later...

On Saturday afternoon, I had to drive down past the Three Pigeons. I drive a small van with lots of ground clearance, but was thrown about quite a bit. This is the worst piece of road I have come across in my many years of driving, including driving on the old "setts" (what most call cobbles). Please do not try to cycle down there as you may not survive it! Car drivers avoid the road if you can as new suspension is not cheap.

The piece of road in question is Tanners Lane and has been a disgrace for years. There is a letter in the WG regarding the repairs to a wheel an unfortunaate motorist had to shell out for. He hopes to get recompense from WBC. I wish him all the best !!