Travveller's camp in Locking stumps

elliemay

So nice to see them take up root and multiply so quickly.(yes that is sarcasm in my writing) I had to ride through the camp this morning and had the cr@p scared out of me when one of their dogs ran at me barking it's head off.It was tethered (luckily) and nearly broke it's own neck trying to run at me. Come on council don't mess around shift them and do it quick.They are on a public right of way and having to ride through the camp in the middle of the night to get to work is not a pleasant experience!

now this is where you will see a total lack of councillors responding to threads on here..... they should be thrown off the illegal site this morning.... not given rights that normal people have to work for.

I think they did a runner some time ago. Won't be heard (not seen) until election time.

Whereabouts are they, ellie?

And, do you look anything like Ellie May from The Beverly Hillbillies?

wibble

the old warrington road (parallel to b'wood express way) locking stumps,before you get to the subway...they have multiplied like gremlins since appearing (must have been weds they arrived)so when i go past again early hours of tomorrow morning god knows how many will be there.... :roll:

and no not quite like ellie may clampett..but thats who i got nicknamed after by my Dad x

the old warrington road (parallel to b'wood express way) locking stumps

I used to walk my dog around there, isn't that quite close to some houses?

thats who i got nicknamed after by my Dad

On account of your fondness for critters?

it's parallel to kensall road just up from the scout hut ...no doubt there will be millions of them by 1.40am tomorrow... will update you tomorrow morning (if i survive the dogs!! :roll: )

no on account of my name being ellie and being born in may...i hate critters !!!!!

it's parallel to kensall road just up from the scout hut ...no doubt there will be millions of them by 1.40am tomorrow... will update you tomorrow morning (if i survive the dogs!! :roll: )

no on account of my name being ellie and being born in may...i hate critters !!!!!

Take some pepper with you.

• 2 weeks later...

numbers are multiplying and no sign of any activety from the illustrious council to remove them and their mess. pathetic respose as usual

Is it actually the council's responsibility though Wahl and do they have any right to move them on ?

If the council actually own the land it should be pretty quick and straight forward to get them moved BUT if it's private land then it can take ages as the actual landowner has to apply through the courts (or something like that anyway) to have them removed.

Traveller's are pretty clued up on the best bits of land to park their caravans on which give them time and make it as difficult and drawn out as possible to move them on so maybe it's the latter <_<

How odd and I would have thought if it was council owned and one of their roads (used or not) they should have moved them by now. Saying that unless you know whether it's actually a council owned adopted/unadopeted road or public/privately owned then who knows? I bet the travellers know though :wink:

It could of course be another one of those little blobs of once owned council land that has been sold by Pughs and maybe the gyppos actually own it now :shock::lol:(I'm kidding of course, or at least I hope I am :oops: )

I saw them the other day and thought they were the road contractors !!, the council having contracted to them due to "proper" firms not doing a very good job of patching roads up elswhere.

It is a road all be it a dead end, where they are parked and may not be used by cars very often but many cyclists, walkers, mothers with children use this pathway and they are near houses and the Scout hut.

A visit from the police checking tax and insurance could possibly do the job better and quicker than the council

4 April

OUNCIL bosses are taking action to remove travellers from a road in Birchwood.

The group of at least 10 caravans arrived at the road beneath Birchwood Way more than a week ago.

A spokesman for Warrington Borough Council said officers were in the process of dealing with the problem

slow but sure?

where to next ?

look out people!

where to next ?

Anywhere they fancy of course. Maybe they will move somewhere nicer tomorrow as after all it's a long bank holiday so they should at least get a good 2+ weeks 'holiday' elsewhere before the council or other landowners catch up with them.

I can't help but to feel somewhat envious of their life style in a way though (aargh did I really just type that... yep... so I must have meant it so will leave it.)