New President - new poodle.

observer

Well the Washington love in went well, Barack and Dave really swopping spit, and plenty of long term commitment shown. But commitment to what? Thought we'd seen the last of hanging onto the coat tails of the Yanks with Yo Bliar's love in with Bush, with Iraq and Afghanistan; but Barack seemed to be preparing us for the next great adventure - against Iran. :shock:

Think your missing the point of the thread Kije: normally, US Presidents say "jump", and UK PMs say "how high"; this was illustrated for all to see in the famous "Yo Bliar" incident from Bush. As for your introduction of wars being about resources, no doubt if it's in OUR National interests, logic suggests involvement; but I'm not sure WE got anything out of Iraq or Afghanistan, thought Haliburton cleaned up there? And now that oil has been found around the Falklands, our erstwhile US Ally is backing off supporting us, as, in the words of Kinsinger "America doesn't have friends, only interests", and there "interests" rest with good relations with S/America. :wink:

Tell us obs. What would you have our Prime Minister do and say when visiting the US of A to maintain "Diplomatic Relations"? :shock:

I can't speak for Obs... but I'd tell our PM to 'shut the heck up... keep his mouth closed... stop appearing in the press as the joint man in charge who is leading all these wars and any possible future ones .... or perhaps to take a somewhat more stealth like back seat in the shadows if he (or should I say we) do have to be involved.

WE (ie the UK) are a tiny little country with an ever diminishing fleet of protection such as our war ships, fighter planes, service personnel etc etc due his (and past) government cuts and lack of funding.

The way he is acting and being shown to always be the right hand 'big boy' is scarey and WE have no say in it all and sooner or later all of us sitting here we will be the target and under fire.

You don't often see any of the other countries or their leaders involved in the alliance spouting off and wanting to be centre stage. Probably because they have more brains <_<

Rant over.....

• Upvote 1

I can't speak for Obs... but I'd tell our PM to 'shut the heck up... keep his mouth closed... stop appearing in the press as the joint man in charge who is leading all these wars and any possible future ones .... or perhaps to take a somewhat more stealth like back seat in the shadows if he (or should I say we) do have to be involved.

WE (ie the UK) are a tiny little country with an ever diminishing fleet of protection such as our war ships, fighter planes, service personnel etc etc due his (and past) government cuts and lack of funding.

The way he is acting and being shown to always be the right hand 'big boy' is scarey and WE have no say in it all and sooner or later all of us sitting here we will be the target and under fire.

You don't often see any of the other countries or their leaders involved in the alliance spouting off and wanting to be centre stage. Probably because they have more brains <_<

Rant over.....

You "Go girl"!!!!!. You are right. :wink:

By US standards, Obama is probably one of the wisest and rational Presidents they've had since FDR; but even he is under pressure from the Jewish lobby and the Military/Industrial complex; and when he says the "window for a diplomatic resolution to the Iran problem is shrinking" - it's time to sit back and think things through, NOT publicly tie OUR future military options to those of the Yanks. I'm afraid the Yanks are no longer the Alpha male in the pack; and require the consent and co-operation of China and Russia prior to any future miltary adventures; they also need to stop the Israeli tail wagging the US dog. As for us, there's a difference between being an Ally and being a running dog, one's based on mutual respect, the other on contempt. :wink: